The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  

i think i will give this a go, on a very small scale, i'm sure snail poo, is super fertilizer aswell.

made some small trials already, all looking good so far.

i saw the doco, how important the water snails are, i assume landsnails are alright too.

http://www.snailfarming.net/information.php

• Like 1

good luck. i did it for a while with ladn snails, then realized i hate eating them adn the local market was too small. hope its better there. teh poo is great to add to things, but is pretty hot and slimy, so adds to molds a lot. i would use it on indoor stuff, outdoor stuff i jsut rinsed the bins and watered plants like you would with compost spray, minus the foliar.

Some snails are carries of disease as well, so careful. around her ethey can carry a disease that rats also carry which does some damage to people, blanking on the name.

If I remember correctly freshwater snails can cause schistosomiasis, but I think you're talking about angiostrongyliasis which can cause meningitis. The nematodes for angiostrongyliasis can be carried my many species of land snails, freshwater snails, and slugs.

Edited by mira

Yeah i remember it being called rat lung worm

Edited by El presidente Hillbillios

kada, mira and el presidente, you made me aware of those dangers, and i stopped the project, because i even used snails i found in the garden, and we do have rats aswell in the yard.

i might just buy some water snails from the pet shop, and if they multyply alright in my aquaponics setup, than i have some to give away, for other aquarium lovers!

Edited by planthelper