The Corroboree
planthelper

sorry server too busy

1, i noticed, that pages loaded slowly, or not at all, same for replies.

2, i blamed my pc for it.

3, but now i got an error message, server too busy try in a few minutes time (#2001)

4, only 31 people in the forum, no reason to be slow, i have no IT skills, but guess, this server sucks, and it got worse and worse over time.

no fun if you lose posts, im sure they gave as a faster anbindung earlier and now, just bum us.

have to save this message on word pad so not to lose it, in case it's still not working....

• Like 4

I blamed my computer as well...lol

EDIT: all seems to be back to normal now though.

Edited by space cadet 101

ten minutes with out the corroberee I nearly gave my Beretta a blow job

but all seems to be working fine now

• Like 4

it was slow, but not dead slow, just minutes ago.

i don't wanna bitch, but if nobody says something, the server people will get away with everything.

sure if they have a good reason, or fix something, than it's ok.

but if 30 people online would make it slow than it's a joke, as said i don't understand much IT.

• Like 1

It did start to play up again tonight...had to go away for a while & find something else to do :unsure: .

server people? It's a VPS with guaranteed resources, so if the server is slow then it is because of something that is happening on this domain [the only one hosted on this server except for prism], because of a security issue, or because it is something I am doing. The corroboree outgrew normal server hosting several years ago.

My guess is that it was during the back up time, which is twice a week, incl around about the time of your complaint. Logs show that server never went over 10% of resource usage today, except during gzip operation, which takes about 5 minutes and it did it twice.

• Like 1

it's back up time again, isn't it?

or better was, min ago.

did, hit the relpy button, progression symbol went for a while, so i went cooking, but it did not upload my reply.

now fast again.

Edited by planthelper

I noticed some updates must have been done to the site yesterday, now it's very fast suddenly, which I like a lot! :wub:

PH you should consider other causes. Including your ISPN, if things are slow at a certain time it might be something other then the one website you have issues with.

I get the slow sometimes here, but since the last upgrade (or something) it is only "slow" on occasion and for a short time. I would blame these "slow" problems on the backup etc. If your having prolonged and frequent problems the issue might not be with this host.

i don't know much about the net and pc's, but you say, my service provider might be to blame?

if that's the case than, it doesn't like sab, because other sites are fast at the same time.

aswell, the slowness always occurs roughly around the same time of the day, which is when the admin starts his day.

i'm very sure it happens when back ups are done, i never knew backups slow down the site.

With Considering this Give away record breaking idea .Will this take down sab

I dont want to cause any server problems as i plan to get everyone to give away at the same time.

your advice will be greatly appreciated

• Like 1

red, I think you are awesome for trying to break a very good record.

I can be full on, or manic, but I still would never attempt to try to break the old record.

luv 2 u all.

bigred, no. The server load that is discussed here is due to server side processes such as the many back ups this server does and only applies to a few minutes every few days. The rest of the time we have guaranteed resources available to us that wouldn't even be used if all of our members logged in at the same time. And on top of that we usually have non-guaranteed resources available to us that are many multiples of this. I've done it so we don't crash in case we ever end up on the national news ;)

• Like 4

Thanks torsten, will start work on it

I've been having a lot of problems lately too, today it took me over half an hour to make one post and then another 25 minutes to edit it because I made a mistake when I first made the post.

It's been getting that bad that it can take me over 5 minutes just to log in. So when that happens I just go somewhere else. I've also tried to make many posts and submitted them and seemingly nothing happens, sometimes I leave the computer and go and do something else and when I come back my post still hasn't been submitted, so I just give up and go somewhere else. There's also been a few times I couldn't log out after ten minutes of trying so I just gave up and closed the tab.

I run a ping in the background (to google & or yahoo) when I'm having problems, but all these problems have been happening while I have a good ping response (good for my wireless fraudband adaptor) of around 60 ms (google). I also ping shaman-australis.com when I'm having problems and the ping speed typically around 220 ms ( which is not bad). None of the other sites I visit are showing any problems with these ping speeds.

Routing table info from the host could give a few clues & I can't legally run any diagnostic scripts from my end so I won't speculate as to what's going on, I do have a few ideas as to what could be happening but without more info I'd just be guessing.

Is anyone from outside Australia experiencing any problems with speed on this site ?

220ms is a bit slow, so it might be during back up processes. usually it is under 200, which is normal for an overseas hosted site.

Looking at the dailys erver stats I see nothing out of the ordinary. stats will average each hour, so a 10 minute extra slow timeframe will not throw the stats out by much and hence won't show up, so it is definitely possible for temporary problems to ecist wihtout me seeing them in the stats - but they are very temporary and are part of the many back ups I run for these forums so that the losses are as minimal as possible if things ever go wrong again.

very slow here as well right now, it's so slow, I would not be able to reply to more than one pm.

other forums are fast, don't know how to run diagnostics.

but my guess is, those updates which slow down the site are done very often.

very slow here as well right now, it's so slow, I would not be able to reply to more than one pm.

other forums are fast, don't know how to run diagnostics.

but my guess is, those updates which slow down the site are done very often.

I was doing forum stuff at the same time as your post, ie from about 3.15 to 4.00pm and there was no slowness or extra server load. I was posting and even running searches and some admin stuff and found no dip in performance. So I think the problem must be with your ISP. It may not be between you and your ISP, but between your ISP and singapore [where we are hosted].

I was doing forum stuff at the same time as your post, ie from about 3.15 to 4.00pm and there was no slowness or extra server load. I was posting and even running searches and some admin stuff and found no dip in performance. So I think the problem must be with your ISP. It may not be between you and your ISP, but between your ISP and singapore [where we are hosted].

yeah, I was sure you were online, at the same periode, that's why I hoped you could tell us more, and you did say, that, "back up time slows down the site", others reported a slowness to me aswell, via pm, at the same time.

it's just so frustrating to see, if nothing happens after you clicked post, probably the same amount of frustration you feel, if you get asked the same issue again, and it has nothing to do with, the forum itself...

Yeah I can confirm the site was stalling for me, particularly when trying to load the reply box, around the time ph is talking about. It was essentially non functional for 5 minutes or so then was back to normal.

I am a bit stumped. will try and work out the exact times for the back ups to see if the times match. if I post them here then at leats those who encounter problems can avoid those times. The server has oodles of resources to spare, so I am not sure why this happens, even if it is connected to the back up process as that should be using background resources.