The Corroboree
soulsvr

help with images

I am trying to post some images and I cannot find a way to do it any more. I have posted images before but cannot now,

Please help

Did you use the full editor (click more reply options when you make your post that you want to add the images to)

That should give you the option to add files underneath the editor.

If you get that far and get errors when trying to upload images you might have a file type or extension that the forum software can't deal with.

you have to click the "more reply options" button on the bottom right,

or the "reply to this topic" button on the top right. than browse, open, attach, add to post.

if you use the the (quick) reply field, which automaticly appears at the bottom, than no image upload button will be found.

if you got caught out already by, posting using the non upload possible reply field,

than click, edit, full editor (upload feature appears), and you will be given the chance to upload even to an old, pictureless post.

Heya, thought i'd bump this thread instead of beginning a new one.

I have been having troubles uploading images from my ipad to the forum, they upload fine, just turn my photo sideways for some reason..

It doesnt happen all the time, and when it does happen it usually has come right if i try an hour or so later.

Its just annoying when it does happen :(

Edited by bogfrog

^ It happens to me also bogerz, and it makes no difference which way the ipad was orientated when i take the photo. Its a pain, but i email the pic to my laptop and post the photo from there. If you find a solution, i would be keen to hear it. Theres no point running the pic through an editing app either, as it looks perfectly orientated on the ipad... An apple flaw maybe.?!

Must be! Damn apple..making things look so nice and appear so easy, then pulling tricks on us poor consumers.

I'll keep trying then and hopefully one of us can suss it out.

Actually I have an ancient iphone which does the same. I download to the computer, everything looks fine, upload to here and they are sideways.

It's a real pain, have to open an image editor every time.

I'll ask on the apple support forums when i get a chance then, surely many others face the same difficulties then.

I find it really rude that apple are contractually (if thats a word) forbidden from giving you advice and technical support.

They can give you links to forum's where they send everyone else, but have imbedded the not-helping approach within their ethos.

Looks like "I" has found another way to screw you "I" people. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3451406?start=0&tstart=0

I have been watching people get more and more tied to the whole 'I' thing for a while now. It started with itunes and then the we wont communicate ( blue tooth ) with anything other than another "i" thing.

And now we will restrict where you can put your photos just like the music on itunes on your computer and devices.

Cheers

Got

Well i found out millions of other i-suckers suffer this problem and as far as i can tell theres conveniently never been a bug-fix to deal with it.

However to remedy this problem, i have downloaded "photoshop lite" for free on the app store.

I open the photo in that program and crop it a bit. The file then saves to your photos (the original is still there so cropping it helps you see which image has been edited) and then I upload these cropped photos, which has stopped my rotation problem.. For now at least.

No permanent fix, bit of a pain, but atleast i can do something to deal with it now.

I'm sure running photos through any similar photo-editing program would work just as well.

Jeez, apple products are mine-fields of dysfunction.

Edit to change that stupid formatting. Stuff you apple.

Edited by bogfrog