The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
shroomy

#@$%ing Avartar thingies

I dont get it, i can upload from a website and they work fine but when i save the av and upload it to my site it no longer works. it worked on one occasion so i tried another one that wouldnt work than when i tried the working one again it wouldnt work. the one im using at the mo is working direct from a free avartar site but why will it not work from my site??????. it should just be a simple cut and paste 'picture url ' shouldnt it???. all help would be appreiciated as iv just spent the last 4 fucking hours trying to get it to work.

Slarty Fart Blaster:

quote:

iv just spent the last 4 fucking hours trying to get it to work.

I cant belive something so trivial is so important to you. Sorry i couldnt help.

Bemused.

Shroomy upload the Avatar to your pics folder in the SAB FTP. If you dont have one Make one.

my guess is that he's determined this time that he won't have to share his avatar, so he's going to great lengths for the sake of uniqueness. i may change mine to a waterdragon if i can find a nice piccy of a healthy male.

yeah shroomy, stick it on the SAB folder and then give us the URl. I can then go and fix it for you if there are any probs.

also, remember to super reload (ctrl + shift + reload) as the proxy may hide it.

waterdragon:

my guess is that he's determined this time that he won't have to share his avatar, so he's going to great lengths for the sake of uniqueness.

Spot on sherlock, check This . It may be trivial slarty newbie blaster :P but i just dont like defeat, once i start somthing i like to finish it, I guess thats why i have been here for three years. Now at the risk of bemusing more people it would seem iv lost and forgoten the pass word ectra for the sab server, could you please repost that info Torsten. It would seem the point is moot the I T gods are smiling on me today and allowed it to work first go. :D

[ 08. February 2003, 16:21: Message edited by: shroomy ]

can't remember the password (its ******* on my system - plus or minus a few **).

But all the details are in a thread in the "site & forum" forum. probably one of the oldest threads there.

nice piccys of the dragons shroomy, the first four piccys aren't loading for me though. who is the girlies?

Yeah iv ran a couple of searches for that forum Torsten but i cant find anything, thanks all the same though, those other avs should load now for you wd no big deal though :rolleyes:

shroomy - I am surprised you hd to ask about uploading as you had obviously done it before (you already had a folder there).

Anyway, I hink the problem had something to do with geocities. I copied the pic to the SAB server and changed your avatar link and now its working fine. if you don't like this one you might have to do the same with another pic.

Thanks Torsten, i was using a trial version of cute ftp and lost all the info from before. thanks mes and coin, actually i was expecting mes to come to the rescue always helpful with the info. :)