The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
lhb2444

Late xmas present for mum

Finally got around to potting up mums chrissy present and thought I'd share a picture of it.

post-9261-0-41930600-1359159311_thumb.jp

Anyone else here give presents like these to their loved ones?

post-9261-0-41930600-1359159311_thumb.jpg

post-9261-0-41930600-1359159311_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Groovy man, that's a nice little set. Looks cool.

Thanks bro, I think she'll be pretty pleased when she gets home from work to find this. She did want it to be portable though but my desire to get as many cacti as possible in there got the better of me and hence the pot is to big and heavy now its full for her to move around.

Aww, what a great Chrissy present! It'll be even more amazing when they flower (I have a cactus similar to the one at the back of the pot, echinopsis spp., the flowers are gorgeous!)

Plants are great presents! There's just something...meaningful about gifting a plant. :)

• Like 3

I did a similar thing for my mum for mother's day a few years back.

A big-ass pot full of PC pach cuttings and a couple succulents for decoration. She really loves it and every year it gets bigger and bigger and seems to look better and better. It might actually flower this year so she'll really love that!

I reckon it's helped me stay in the good books too.

Cacti pots are definitely the 'gift that keeps on giving' :)

Edited by Halcyon Daze
  • Like 1

I gave my mum a 4 ribbed scopulicola for christmas.. She was stoked as and went to buy another one from bunnings the other day.

• Like 2

Looks nice but I'd be worried about the combination and such a large pot, soak that one through and it will take a long time to dry out again.

Any guesses about what plants they are?

Kinda smallish photo but by the looks of things I'd guess back to front: Stenocactus vaupelianus, Echinopsis subdenudata, Echinopsis sp, Gymnocalycium monvillei, Ferocactus and a Haworthia attenuata.

Yeah pretty well on the money there snowfella with the species, dont have the tags anymore but the species are correct at least. I put a heap of extra drainage holes in the bottom and the mix is basically 35% premium cacti mix, 30% sand and 25% perlite. I watered it in and it pretty well dries out within a good few hours or so (I made it that way thinking mum would probably overwater it) It sits on the balcony just under cover to plus my little brothers a keen cacti enthusiast so he should be able to keep them in check.