The Corroboree
Sonny Jim

The Australian "ODD RADAR" page?

lots of smart physics minded folk on these forums so I thought this would be a good place to ask...what do you think this is all about?

even the physics behind the specific type of radar used to generate these images, what could create that kind of effect? and so large? The Australian Radar Anomalies 'ODD RADAR' page has been compiling these images to help try and work them out so have a look.

circular.png

http://ausradaranoma...6/11/june-2012/

Edited by Sonny Jim

Would be really difficult to work out what the cause is without knowing exactly how their instruments work, but it's almost certainly some sort of systematic instrumental error. I don't know for sure, but my guess is that the detectors only sample small areas at a time, which would rule out large scale interference effects. I'm guessing that a pattern like the picture you posted may be due to a wobbling/rotating detector. These things are up pretty high, so even if it was only wobbling very slightly off-axis, this could cause errors in the location of a cloud on the order of hundreds of kilometers as seen above, and a wobble or rotation is a systematic process, so would cause very regular patterns like circles and spirals.

Edited by ballzac
spelling/grammar
  • Like 1

I was picturing a satellite as the detector. Of course, radar uses ground-based dishes. Looking up how the common technology works, it sends out a large pulse that looks at a fairly large region of the sky, so interference effects could be to blame. One possibility is some sort aberration causing minor distortions in the outgoing pulse which then cause interference with the incoming pulse as it is detected by the same dish with the same aberrations. Although it would be caused by an aberration that affects the phase, direction, or energy ('colour') of the pulse, and may be barely detectable in the outgoing pulse, the interference with the detection of the incoming pulse could be similar to moire patterns. Not sure exactly how this could cause a spiral.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/05/Moire_Circles.svg

A more direct analogy would be the scanlines/tearing/flickering you see on footage of crt monitors. The flickering is not evident in either the crt image itself, or in the recording of static objects, but the interference between them is clearly visible. Because the tv and the recording device would usually have the same fps, this would be a very close analogy to the detector/emitter having the same aberrations.

In spite of the fact that the detectors are ground based, there could still be some sort of wobble, so the first option couldn't be discounted.

• Like 2

It could the ghost of an alien that was coming to give us a message that crash landed in a system not too far from here but far enough. It took his spirit many years to travel to our planet and now that he's here he can only effect our world partially, this sort of behavior is him testing his limits.

This all may sound a bit far fetched but I found a youtube interview of a former scientist who now is more interested in telling the truth

edit: sorry can't seem to get the youtube link to work properly

Edited by Distracted

you rickrolling sob :P

Could it be a harmonic (or a series thereof) from a microwave signal that coincided with the sweep rate of the radar ?

It would have to be a very high wattage output, is there a military base around Freemantle ?

We have some bright young electrical engineers here, maybe they could shed some light on it.

I was just thinking/drinking.

Maybe it wouldn't have to be hi power signal, if another microwave source was close enough to excite the the radar receiver circuitry or tank circuit and the signal or harmonics were partially in phase with the radars sweep frequency it could cause a partial or multiple spiral aberrations in the readout data.

Definitely a stealth UFO. Maybe they're coming to whisk a few of us away for experimentation before the impending apocalypse.

• Like 1

Thanks very much ballzac and everyone for your posting about this, ballzac I think I get what you're saying, that basically it could be a problem with the radar and not the radar picking-up something that's actually physically there in the sky.

I thought the radar might be detecting the effects of one of those upper atmosphere heaters/resonators-antenna arrays IDK LOL that are positioned around the country, that's what I have read other people say they might be as well. Because there's so many of them of those radar anomalies and they come in many different varieties but are they too big for the antenna arrays that zap the sky?

How could a kind "wobble" in the equipment be so relieble/repeatable all over the country. If you click the link there are many of these patterns...seems strange and if it's physically there in the sky in the form of heat or ionisation of whatever it doesn't look very nice, I mean it look kind of ominous no? especially the massive thick blood red ones...very strange.

This one looks to me like what ballzac is describing and has shown with the link to a computer animation.

300.s.png

here's one of the blood red radar anomalies.

22012010_1-2_WeatherRadarAu-368x336.jpg

Edited by Sonny Jim

Now that was a big fart

• Like 2

Thanks very much ballzac and everyone for your posting about this, ballzac I think I get what you're saying, that basically it could be a problem with the radar and not the radar picking-up something that's actually physically there in the sky.

I thought the radar might be detecting the effects of one of those upper atmosphere heaters/resonators-antenna arrays IDK LOL that are positioned around the country, that's what I have read other people say they might be as well. Because there's so many of them of those radar anomalies and they come in many different varieties but are they too big for the antenna arrays that zap the sky?

How could a kind "wobble" in the equipment be so relieble/repeatable all over the country. If you click the link there are many of these patterns...seems strange and if it's physically there in the sky in the form of heat or ionisation of whatever it doesn't look very nice, I mean it look kind of ominous no? especially the massive thick blood red ones...very strange.

This one looks to me like what ballzac is describing and has shown with the link to a computer animation.

a>

here's one of the blood red radar anomalies.

a>

Again, there are just too many unknowns to say anything about it for sure. I personally don't see anything I would describe as "reliable/repeatable". There are lots of circles, spirals, and lines. If it is some sort of interferometric error, or if it's due to some sort of wobble, those are exactly the sort of issues you would expect. I guess what you're saying is that these problems are everywhere. Well, almost every LCD TV has a stuck pixel somewhere, but we don't really notice it. Problems that small can account for large artefacts in optical systems, and there could be many radar dishes that have problems like this.

I would still bet on some sort of aberration of the detector rather than external interference, just because I'm somewhat familiar with optical systems, and systematic errors are almost invariably a function of the probe/detector, or whatever algorithms are used to produce the image. Also, I'm guessing the bandwidth is very narrow, and this would decrease the likelihood of picking up signals from other equipment.

But, these are just possibilities I'm throwing out there that are based on my knowledge of optics, and I really have very little knowledge of how these radar systems are set up for meteorology.

This is quite interesting, however all the pics seem to show the anomoly as circular, with presumably the radar at the centre. This strikes me as strongly suggesting an instrument failure of some sort probably reading. On the other hand, having been a bit of a crop circle hunter in the past and having seen some inexplicable phenomena shrugged off very easily by people who haven't been arsed to do their research, I'm off to the site to have a look at all the other weird blips.

I would still bet on some sort of aberration of the detector rather than external interference, just because I'm somewhat familiar with optical systems, and systematic errors are almost invariably a function of the probe/detector, or whatever algorithms are used to produce the image. Also, I'm guessing the bandwidth is very narrow, and this would decrease the likelihood of picking up signals from other equipment.

That's probably a pretty safe bet Ballzac. Radar receivers have all sorts if inherent problems some are intermittent and very hard to pin down - a bit like a ghost in the machine type of thing. For common repetitive problems the engineers can write correction algorithms to eliminate them but for rare problems they often don't have the data to completely eliminate them.

That being said radio/microwave signals are a very intriguing field and transmitted frequencies typically are detected on harmonics of those frequencies. Sometimes a signal can be detected and on much higher frequency than the transmission frequency. The 4g band is getting into the radar range at the lower end so there could be some excitement of radar circuitry that hasn't been accounted for and corrected.

Where's Eric Dollard when you need him.

The bottom picture posted is right above exmouth. There's a maaaassive array of satellites and wiring resembling that of a HAARP style, ionospheric tampering device. I will find a few links I read a while ago while these were occurring same time as the nsw and qld floods

Colin Andrews is pretty interesting. One thing I woul question though, is why adjacent and overlapping radars don't show the anomolies? While one radar is going nuts the others are behaving just fine. I thought about this when CA was stating on one of the pics that they weren't even sure which radar it was in the Sydney - Gong region. They are pretty close together

is there a variation on godwin's law for conspiracy theory threads and HAARP?

"As an online conspiracy theory discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving HAARP approaches 1."

I remember once sitting out the heaviest extended rainfall I have ever experienced and the radar was telling me it was only medium to heavy, barely orange, so I reckon the detection algorithms can be a bit off. What that has to do with the current discussion is debatable, but I felt like it might be slightly relevant.

Yeh, there is lots of discussion out there of people experiencing the same thing WW. When they log on to the BOM they claim to see the odd rings, which seem to be removed meer hours later when you head back to review. There are comparison photos too showing the same date/time on both pics.

Who knows what they are, but there are definite contradictions out there. I even remember reading a story on abc online news of QLD signing weather modification deals with the Thai Royal Household. This was 6-7 months before those crazy floods. Maybe I can refind it also. It was a short two paragraph thing.

Here is a separate article on the exact same matter

http://www.thaiembassy.sg/press_media/news-highlights/thai-king-permits-queensland-australia-to-use-his-artificial-rainmaking-

Not saying I believe any of this conspiracy, I just enjoy researching an keeping up to date with this sort of thing. I guess it's my sci fi fix haha

Here is a letter posted from somebody to the royal flood commission, explains this particular situation well. I can possibly refind the radar pics from the floods also, they were fairly crazy also

http://www.floodcommission.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/file/0011/4223/Anderson_Jay.pdf

Dampier is throwing off three bars at the moment, seen on the 512km composite and the national. If you go right to the Port Hedland radar 512km you can see the bars are directly in alignment with the centre of the Dampier radar but starting a few hundred kms out.. I would be interested in seeing the other anomolies as shown by nearby radars.