The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Bigred

sun calculator

Thanks for that bigred.

It would come in handy for anyone designing a house or a greenhouse.

It seems to have a bit of an error when I checked my block, maybe about 10 degrees deviation from sunrise and sunset positions.

Crazy.. I found the same app last night!

I put up a new el-cheapo greenhouse, then was looking at my house on Google Maps thinking it would be nice if there was an extension/plugin/whatever showing sunrise/sunset.

I was curious as to what sunlight I should expect my greenhouse to get given it's positioning.. It's a good idea.

My greenhouse is on the back verandah (not really a verandah, but it's the back wall of the house), and I think given the positioning, I should get indirect sunlight most of the day,

followed by a couple of hours of direct sunlight in the afternoon.

Edited by SYNeR
  • Like 1

and its great for gorilla's

I put up a new el-cheapo greenhouse, then was looking at my house on Google Maps thinking it would be nice if there was an extension/plugin/whatever showing sunrise/sunset.

I was curious as to what sunlight I should expect my greenhouse to get given it's positioning.. It's a good idea.

If you want to get a more accurate idea. Sketchup can import Google Earth maps, then do a sun/shade simulation in Sketchup.

• Like 1