The Corroboree

http://youtu.be/LjKAuB-dmAo

I have a large block of land 3 hours out of brisbane and i plan to build a bunker on it

if you think you can live in a post apocalyptic world and are down with permaculture

join

• Like 1

yes im serious

I'm a qualified butcher so if we need to hunt and possibly farm other survivors for meat I'm your man. lol. I here mind performer has the right tomatoes for the gig. lol

• Like 3

Hey bigred,

I think u had better pull ur finger out if ur thinking 21/12/12...7 weeks left.

• Like 1

Oh shit is there a possibility you will come save me from WA?

I'm a qualified butcher so if we need to hunt and possibly farm other survivors for meat I'm your man.

:unsure:

• Like 5

the whole idea is the construction side to it would be a great civil project i was thinking of putting 4 shipping containers underground and joining them

with a network of tunnels and have solar up top even if the world does not end it would make a cool house i am a good builder but i am no egineer

my friend is a miner but i think would make a cool project and to extend it just dig another hole and bury a container

Oh shit is there a possibility you will come save me from WA?

Typical jwerta, you even need a lift to the end of the world.

• Like 10

i dont think you could fit us all in 4 shipping containers.

your containers will need reinforcing if going into the ground.... they are not designed for side loading

EDIT - and whats the first rule of "Doomsday Club"?

Edited by waterboy
  • Like 2

I knew a bloke who built his humpy out of buried seconds culverts, the big ass ones they put roads on

• Like 1

^ Was considering a bushfire bunker somehow using em. Its good to know.

"who wants to join a club to build me a house" lol

• Like 5

hahah you cracked me up so hard chilli

• Like 1

Good idea don't forget to put some chimneys in so you can get rid of the barbecue smoke. And hidden solar panels so you can convert one of the containers in to a grow room for your "veggies".

• Like 1

I'm a qualified butcher so if we need to hunt and possibly farm other survivors for meat I'm your man.

What the kangaroos don't make it?

where's the challenge in Kangaroo meat. lol

• Like 1

Where is it??

Edited by evil

in the mountains its a awesome spot im looking at buying a bull dozer and if you put in reinforcing and those under ground water tanks go up to 250000

thats a lot of space if you guys are serious i have heaps of land so even if we got a sab commune going would be cool but would love a bunker imagine

using that a a pick up line "hey babe ever slept with a red head well how about you and me head in my BMW to my doomsday shelter"

but it would make a great project and you would be welcome to stay there for as long as you like my mate is a mining eplosive expert so would

love him just to leave a big creater where my land once was. but if you want to help or you have some good suggestions on the building of

dooms day bunkers please post

If your serious I may know a geotech that can put you on the right track for inground construction :wink:

He recommends an excavator with at least one ripping tyne over a bulldozer (unless its to be an urban assualt vehicle after doomsday).

Also wouldnt go too gung-ho with the hole makers until you know whats under the ground or you'll fracture the shit out it and have a hard job getting something sound to found onto, or have potential issues with water ingress.

Edited by waterboy
  • Like 1

Hey bigred i meant to ask where is it as in what area like biggenden, sunny coast etc mountains sound good :)

Central Australia ist the way to go for doomsday. Maybe go make friends with some of the Indigenous folk and you'll really have somewhere to escape the zombies and nuclear fallout, earthquakes and massive tsunamis. You can come back to your nice block in the mountains a few years later.

• Like 2

lmfao i was test driving a excavator yesterday and was thinking the exact same thing i thought how am i going to run over zombies in this

was thinking about a elevator for a urban assault vehicle but water boy your mate sounds promising can he recomend a good book

there are heaps out there on the subject and the land is out past dalbly right next to the state forest there are a few pigs around and feral

dogs around there as well but i was thinking in the side of the hill make a tunnel then reinforce it then have some light rail to move stuff in and out

it would make a cool hotel im planing to grow a vineyard up there on the surfece

some things books just cannot give you bigred, but he can put you onto couple when he is not so busy to provide some basics and key areas to consider for in-ground construction.

thanks water boy something like idiots guide to bunker construction and im going to do this properly or not at all i would hate to get traped

under ground. where would be the best place to get used shipping containers from i like the refrigeration ones also working on a bio digester

that could utilize human waste and give methane and compost which could grow algae and then convert it to bio fuel. there is so much to work out

but i think its going to be a great project and would be cool in summer as well