The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
spiders

For all those like me missing Earthcore

Very annoying! Every other year its worked out, but this year Im not able to afford it - pay day isnt until next Tuesday and ive already got most of that spent... Also a friend from o/s is arriving on Sunday morning just to complicate things further!!!

Rather annoying after getting everything so well organised [ this didn't need to be here ] all of which ive had to give to my friends who are still going...

Any events organised other than Earthcore and Ceduna in the near future? Adrian? Anyone?

[This message has been edited by Darklight (edited 30 November 2002).]

just scarf the lot yourself and have a big weekend, you'll be fine by wednesday. or if it's bothering you too much i could send you my snailer.

mmm - you beat me to the edit... Sorry 'bout that...

You can actually edit over the censorship marks, that's why we keep them consistent. Just replace them with more appropriate and contextually relevant text; go to the icon with the lil' pen and paper on it at the top of each post, it opens a window to allow you to make whatever changes you feel you need to.

The marks are as much a place holder for re-editing by the author as they are anything else

Bluemeanie, if you can hang on till Australia Day Weekend, Rainbow Serpent Festivl is on. I have been to earthcore but have heard that the Rainbow Serpent is better.

Great - sounds interesting! A friend of mine was telling me about a festival where everyone brings their own bongo/congo/hang/drums/dij etc into the dark rain forest and all start up the same beats with individual variations. Sounds like quite an experience

i guess you'd find it unethical to follow the tradition of just sneaking in from the adjacent block

some friends did that, they wanted to see s.i.begg, but they wasted too much time sneaking in and only saw the last 5 minutes of his set, which was crazy. They said it was a crap party, because of how loud all the stages were.

anyway someone's typing for me now

Just ain't what it used to be 6 years ago....Nowadays it is a lot more fun for clubbers who want to go camping for a weekend.

There was much more of a real earthy vibe about the eclipse festival, it was not just some kind of simulated happy land.

The Eclipse festival was People from all around the globe that could not even all speek to each other, but they certainly did understand one another. Once the music stop after 4 or so days, lots of people stayed behind to play bongos in the center arena for 24 hours, making the music themselves.

[This message has been edited by RonnySimulacrum (edited 11 December 2002).]

I couldnt agree more with RonnySimulacrum, earthcore, in my opinion, just doesnt have a good vibe to it. Too many immature drug fucked up people. The eclipse festival on the other hand was a more relaxed, friendly vibe.

Definatly my last earthcore.

Rainbow Serpent this year was along side the eclipse fest as the best, friendliest festival that ive been to. Hope to see that it doesnt change.