The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
cactuscarl

penis grafting

Hi ppl I'm thinking of grafting some of my new tbm pups and am looking for advice I have heaps of stock pc pachanoi and about 5 pups to choose from

I've done this successfully once before but used the wrong stock and it rotted anyways my questions are

should I use rooted or unrooted stock I've seen ppl use both but I really want to gauge which is preferred

Can you put tin pups onto peres or would that be to hard

If I grafted the top section of the tbm with no spines would it keep growing with no spines, stall or grow spines and pup from the top somewhere

Any info would help even if its just your 2cents. I'm especially interested in question 3 if anyone has ever done this please let me know how it turned out

cheers

And also what's the growth rate like my first one took off but the stock rotted in like 4 weeks so I don't know if they continue to grow that fast

edit more questions

Would it be easier to use stock the same diameter as my graft or larger

Edited by cactuscarl

There's something very odd about the words Penis Grafting..

lol :P goodluck with your grafting anyhow dude!

• Like 4

just 2 cents here

I always use rooted grafting stock. I assume grafted stocks have more potential energy available for penis pumping... i mean graft pumping

I've grafted very thin emerging tricho pups onto peres, but it seems a bit trickier than grafting tricho seedlings to peres.

Just an assumption, but I'm thinking the TBM section will continue normal columnar growth, but wont throw out any more pups until the scion produces more areoles with spines.

Probably be easier to graft a smaller diameter scion to a larger stock, at least for me. as long as the vascular rings overlap, you're all good

from my experience.

i've grafted afew tbm bell ends - with no areoles and none grew at all. didn't die but wouldn't grow. they wont produce new areoles if they have none.

try afew areole grafts to peres if you want. the pups can be quite large.

unrooted stocks will work but scion growth will be slow to begin with. i like unrooted stock for loph grafts as they dont pup as much but for tbm, pupping wouldnt be a bad thing.

Edited by 2meke
  • Like 1

Thanks guys that's awesome info and will help a lot. My grafting has been put off till tomorrow as in way to pissed to attempt it now so any one with more info or 2 cents to chuck in would be appreciated

cheers

@ 2Meke when you grafted your spineless sections of tbm did you use new growth or older sections that had stopped growing. I would love to get a spineless sections growing like a regular column and it should be possible

I would love to hear any experiences anyone has had with this let me know

@ likeashwefade yeah I worded it like that to get a few ppl looking and hopefully add some advice was thinking of "grafting my penis" but thought that might turn a few ppl away lol

TBM on spach it stalled a bit over winter but now its starting to push a few more pups. the single piece was grafted in February this year.

DSCF2006-5.jpg

I've grafted a spineless bit too in the hope of producing one long smooth ..cactus. lol

It took but is yet to grow.

thats bap6 you can see on the spines I was hoping for a side show bob effect..

Edited by Stillman

Whatever you do, don't graft a loph (or anything really) to your penis.

• Like 1

i was hoping for the same thing. a nice long shaft with no pubes. the sections i grafted were in the stage where they've grown all their areoles/pubes and spineless section was forming/extending. no growth was noticed over 2 seasons so i removed them and used the stock for other purposes.

good luck and good thinking putting the grafting off. anything and everything can go wrong when grafting pissed. i've lost some valuable scions under the influence.