The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
RonnySimulacrum

New Amiga

Now some may think this is irrelevant, but some may not?

It has arrived, every geeks dream,

http://www.eyetech.co.uk/amigaone/introduction.php

remember the old day with the Vic-20, then the C-64 and then the Amiga.

When computers had attitude.

drool. wink.gif

I started my producers career on three Atari 1040's (actually expanded 520's) and sometimes I get nostalgic and pull them out and play a few tracks that i never bothered converting to PC. Quite amazing what used to be possible with those little things.

Never had an amiga though.

I still have my Vic 20 and about half a dozen cartridges. Crap.

Guest kwan

If in need of a nostalgia fix, you can download an Amiga emulator with most of the classics. Same deal with the Commodore 64 and loads alot faster than my old tape drive wink.gif

I'd still like to see a decent knob tweaker do a warts 'n all remix with the background music to 'The Last Ninja', that would be cool. Or maybe Arkanoid...that was the shit.

I love my old ST520 With the 1mb upgrade ...lol.... Nothin trippier than playin old arcade games from the eighties whilst on a voyage smile.gif

I'd still like to see a decent knob tweaker do a warts 'n all remix with the background music to 'The Last Ninja', that would be cool. Or maybe Arkanoid...that was the shit.[/b]

I was discussing the exact same thing and same game with a DJ the other month. There is a new LAST NINJA game coming out soon-----NJ4.

To fulfill my geekness I had a Commodore 64 21st birthday party and set up all the old Commodores in the middle of the party (running) up to the latest old school Amiga’s. We even wrote a C-64 program to calculate you chances of getting a F... at the party. It was a Rad night about a 100 people turned out. Even the pigs turned up 3 times and tried to shut us down. We served beer out of the boot of my Valiant VG.

Yes some one did destroy the Commodore 64 after it told him he had 0.1 chance of getting laid.

Other interesting things that happened where the NEW sign from my high school was stolen and graffitied then placed behind the bands, with a big MJ plant in front of it. And some of my OLD school friends went up to the local Fuel stop and trashed it, so now they serve customers from the side window after 12 at night. And my dad busted my best friend (Nicole) selling interesting herbs in the back of here car.

No shit this is all true.......the old C-64 really must get people hipped up.

Monkey Island now there is a game-------werent they the days.

computers and hallucinogens have lots to do with each other----I like that

[This message has been edited by RonnySimulacrum (edited 19 November 2002).]

I did a techno remix of the Commando (a commodore game) theme many years ago. T'was kinda catchy, but I've got no idea where I've got it these days.

There's some Melbourne indie pop band that ripped off the Commando riff just last year. I guess no one would recognise it these days, except for nerds like myself who spent weeks working with it.

I know of a few people who still rely on amiga sequencer/trackers as a drum machine. Quite cool i think - still love those machines!! My friend wans to try and put a cid chip in his mobile phone like from the old c64 and play chips tunes on it...

An old amiga fanatic here too! Remember protracker? Nice tracker! I tracked some very bad tunes, but it was a lot of fun.

Games.. well.. remember the excellent game rpg game black crypt? And all the old SSI games, like Champions of Krynn, Death Knights of Krynn and Dark of krynn. I've spend countless of hours playing. Nothing like having a level 40 mage throwing delayed blast fireballs that delivered atleast 120 hp damage. Yeah, those were the days. I ocassionally dust of my amiga and duel my friend in Supercars 2. smile.gif

Greets

Ashoka

For 2 players games it was always SupercarsII and North and South.