The Corroboree

Best way to get rid of green caterpillar like grubs

Today I just found a large caterpillar like grub who munched on heaps of my salvia leaves. I took him outside to a nearby tree and left him there but I am concern that there may be more

What is the best and non human toxic way to get rid od these buggers?

Cheers :)

just pick em off.

i you just relocate them they'll probably come back, maybe put a moat around your plants, stand the pot on a brick submerged in water?

• Like 1

feed em to the chooks

• Like 2

I think I had similar caterpillars, and they were absolute devastators. Pick them often, and you'll have it under control. But don't leave them for long, and search really hard - they're good at hiding. :P

yep....chook food. satisfying and doesn't feel as bad as squishing em!

• Like 2

I think I had similar caterpillars, and they were absolute devastators. Pick them often, and you'll have it under control. But don't leave them for long, and search really hard - they're good at hiding. :P

Ok I made up my mind. Will pick up some ditel from bunnings.

Yep this bugger caused some damage. He was pretty good at staying undercover and it was exactly the same colour as the plant. He remained undetected for a week or so I could't figure out why the leaves were getting blackish and who or what was munching on them.

my local nursery recommended " Confidor " as a safe pesticide if produce is to be eaten . Don't know about caterpillars , but it reduced spider mites [ for a while , anyway ] .