The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Buttsack

Wanted: Cactus or Ethno Seeds

Does anyone have seeds for these plants?

Tabernanthe Iboga

Banisteriopsis Caapi

Psychotria viridis

Psychotria carthaginensis

Catha Edulis Red

Ephedra

Wasabia Japonica

Mimosa hostilis

Myrtillocactus

Silene Capensis

Milk Thistle - Silybum marianum

Kava - Piper methysticum

Nicotiana tabacum

Cactus seeds bridgesii, pachanoi, peruvianus etc.

Golden barrel cactus - Echinocactus grusonii

Ariocarpus

Cactus for grafting

Myrtillocactus

Pereskiopsis

How long do these cacti take to grow from seed? Could I grow either of these from seed at the same time as a trich or loph and still use it for grafting?

Can anyone recommend any other cacti, entheogenic or rare plants?

Edited by El presidente Hillbillios
Improved wording of cacti seed requests

I have some excess silene capensis seed and some ss02 x bridgesii and scop x spach seed.

Got anything to trade maybe?

I was given some Psychotria carthaginensis seeds at the last Brissy meet, I have 6 left (thankyou you know who you are). More then happy to send them your way if you like just pm postage details and their yours.

• Like 1

Thanks for the links mate. I had all of the seeds in my shopping cart ready to buy but I thought I'd see what the community had to offer first. I like the idea of trading seeds and plants with a good community of like minded people. Whatever seeds I can't get from other members I'll purchase.

Sorry but I don't have a lot to trade other than money. I'm trying to get a good collection of plants so I can then share some seeds and cuttings around. As soon as I have something decent I'll be happy to share with the people who have helped me.

No worries, pm yr address and I cn send u some trich and silene seeds today. Even have a few ario v. Furfuraceaus 4 u too.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone who has helped me out with seeds so far. I'm still really interested in getting seeds for these plants;

Catha Edulis Red

Ephedra

Wasabia Japonica

Mimosa hostilis

Kava - Piper methysticum

and some Pereskiopsis plants

jeez ! straight for the throat... phwoooh.

• Like 3

jeez ! straight for the throat... phwoooh.

Sorry I don't get it? Did I do something wrong?

Nah - you just went for the things everyone is looking for. I doubt you will find Kava seeds by the way - the plants rarely flower and Iv never heard of them producing seed. Most of them are clones from a particular collection. All rare herbs and herbalistics usually have some in around january, but they are usually about $40 for a small plant

Shippards herb nursery at Nambour has Wasabi in 3" tubes for $70 something, might have been $79? i know i nearly fell over.

I haven't seen it for sale anywhere else but then i haven't been looking either.

• Like 1

I knew a bloke who grew it quite well for years in the Blue Mt's, he seemed to think it was a cold winter and constant moisture was the trick rather than a cool climate.

• Like 1

Sounds perfect for my climate!

Not that i like wasabi but could be a good cash crop.

A bit off topic, but wasabi these days is usually made from horseradish. Apparently real wasabi tastes quite different. I hear it likes (almost complete) shade. Herbalistics had 1 I think not too long ago, but not sure how much it was and if they still have it though

• Like 1

they grow it it running water commercially I think. Would grow well for you Bogfrog. I think there is a small commercial farm in Tassy?

Herbalistics has Wasabi Japonica so I think I'll get some from there. Most of the wasabi in packets is nice but I want the authentic wasabi paste made from the plant. I think next time I go to a Japanese restaurant I'll see if they have some real wasabi and try it. If I don't like it there might not be much point to growing it.

grow Horse raddish too, if you like Wasabi you know you like Horse raddish.