The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
incognito

are koalas really stoned on eucalypts all day???

stupid question i know,but i have only heard of this concept recently-apparently koalas are high on the eucalypt tannins in the leaf-im gobsmacked!!ive had a look on the net and some say its a myth then some say its for real-i have no idea of the eucalypt leafs chemistry.There has to be something in favor of a diet purely coinsisting of eucalypt leaves!!funny little buggers have something sussed out!!!lol

[ 13. September 2005, 02:07: Message edited by: jono ]

ive heard the same. except what i read was the eucalypt tannins ferment in the slow digestive sytem with a bacteria found in koalas saliva.

makes me wonder what fermented eucalypt would taste like.

If you think about it, even if it did produce a mind altering substance over generations this would become the normal brain chemsitry of the animal and would no longer produce an "altered state"

koalas eat crap quality food which leaves them with very little energy. They are not stoned, but rather permanently hypoglycemic

That said, even if they were stoned I would think that current research would try to sanitise that concept.

there stomachs convert the eaucalypt into mescaline they are a shamanic bear with much knowledge i am hardly worthy to eat there poo but i do, and have wonderous visions. I worship koalas and the knowledge they share heitoo koala koala heitoo koala koala

I believe they source Ketamine from Eucalypt leaves don't they?

:P LOL

i had heard years ago they were totally pissed all the time. if not then they must have very low energy levels, coz we used to squirt em square in the nose with the hose and all they do is look at you.

and no we wern't just being mean, they used to climb down the trees at night into the back yard and the rotties would rip em to bits :(

koalas making mescaline, so thats where the aus army got the idea from, lol

quote:

Posted by YoWiE-

there stomachs convert the eaucalypt into mescaline they are a shamanic bear with much knowledge i am hardly worthy to eat there poo but i do, and have wonderous visions. I worship koalas and the knowledge they share heitoo koala koala heitoo koala koala

ROFLMAO :D

baby koalas actually feed on the mothers shit coz the leaves on their own are to toxic-and they must feed on a diluted form-as they need to gradually become immune and accustomed to the toxins in the euc leafs!!!-well there u go

btw thats a bit tragic the rottweilers got into the koalas--makes me a tad sad!!poor buggers-

would be a terrifying ,painful way to go for the helpless lil creatures-i think backyards /areas around where these endangered creatures inhabit should be devoid of dogs/or the yards fully enclosed-made applicable by the npws or rangers etc-most dog owners are just to fuken stupid and irresponsible to train/control/house/enclose their dogs in these situations,instead of spraying the koala in the face to stop the dogs from getting to them , i wonder did u ever ponder the thought of enclosing ur yard to protect the koalas from ur dogs? or would that be to expensive, at the deadly expense to the koalas living in their native environment??

im a strong believer of tougher regulations for dog ownership/ breeding-as the majority of people who own dogs disgust me in their pets abuse and ill treatment,ill housing and unchecked breeding-and total disregard for native animals/children who can be harmed so easily and grotesquely by them.Id say its worse here in the country-but fuk it makes me sick!

[ 13. September 2005, 23:07: Message edited by: jono ]

id like to point out that my family used to bread pedigree show rotties and they never attacked any native animals though they did have many a chance.

what shits me is farmers can take a hook and pull a calf out of a cow by the eye socket, cut down to the scalp to remove its horns and cut its balls off but breaders cant dock a dogs tail.

another thing to make clear, docking is NOT done with scissors. the tail is amputated over 2 weeks and it prevents hip problems latter in life.

how is it cruel? fucking un-educated animal activists!

Tail docking is the result of inconsiderate breeding.Why breed a dog that gets hip problems, from it's own tail?

Fucking stupid dog breeders!

They just breed for a dog that looks the 'right' way, and don't care about the animal. I used to know a guy who had british bulldogs (I'm pretty sure that was it anyway?), purebred ones.

They were so retarded he had to wipe their arses after they crapped, and clean the wrinkles in their face, so they didn't get fungal infections.

Their tongues we're too long for their mouths aswell, so they we're always chapped at the end!

But they we're show-winners!

Fucking stupid dog breeders.

(Nothing against you Amulte :D )

Jacks don't get hip problems and yet they are usualy docked. Frequently the reason given is that Jacks keep getting their tails caught in car doors and hence it is better to dock them. What sort of fucked up logic is that? My dogs have a tendency to run away - does that mean I should cut their legs off?

We would never dock them, but we have adopted one with a docked tail. The ones with tail appear to have much better balance and also a better protection during rough play.

your cool Benz but..

quote:

They were so retarded he had to wipe their arses after they crapped

Dam!

but back to koala's. i read somthing about a koala that fell out of a tree and into the back of a gravel truck. that would suck.

as far as dogs go, i beleieve its all how u raise them, i personally have a male american pitbull cross bullmastiff(desexed) we rescued as a pup of an old gronk neighbour who was in the process of kickin the shit outta him , who would not hurt a fly(ask mescalito) and is terrified of cats.(though still a good guard dog through his appearance.Problem with these dogs is to many dickheads own them, who raise them to be aggressive.These dogs are very loyal, and will break their own neck to please their owner.If u want these dogs to be aggressive-they will be dedicated in doing so.If u want ur dog to be a placid, easy going, loving dog they will again be dedicated in doing so.

[ 17. September 2005, 03:08: Message edited by: jono ]

i just have to say how right that is. ive met rotties that would kill you if given the chance, and others that are scared of you. both dogs were from the same litter, it was the owners of the puppy.

one example of dog mistreatment are "Black Dogs". in the US back in slavery days, the owners of the slaves would get a few puppys. then get any african american person he could find to beat the dog within an inch of its life. the dog learns to fear the "black person" and as the puppy grows th fear turns to hate. the dogs were used when a slave escaped, the dogs would chase em down and try to kill em. the puppys that didnt learn to hate were given away or killed. worse still was that some puppys given away snapped later in life.

it did happen and the same type of training is used on attack dogs and fighting dogs. the execption with fighting dogs that the person was replaced with an older psycho dog to attack the puppy.

i know this sounds a hype but ive learnt all these things because rotties were known to be used. i cant find any web links about it unfortunatly.

has anyone else heard of "Black Dogs"?

Shit, i didnt want this to turn into a hijack, sorry all.

i have an aussie cattle dog he has been raised with heaps of love and effection but is frighteningly protective and bites :( its just the way he is the fact that he hasnt been mistreated makes him all the more protective i dont let him near kids tho cos he is a blue heeler and has bitten people. When he was 6 months old he helped me when a weirdo was hassling me at the park he saw i was afraid and he fully ripped into this bloke with his grizly cattle nipping teeth :) i patted him cos he looked after me now he thinks thats the thing to do :( he doesnt trust any new ppl unless i hand them a tennis ball to throw for him then he knows i trust them. he has never been mistreated hes just mad

Yeah, I have also heard stories of 'black dogs', that were trained to hate negroes.

Never heard that name actually used, but I do recall hearing that they would be specifically trained to hate people of a certain colour, through violence.

Quite horrible what we humans do to each other, and the fact that we drag other species into it is no better.

4 days later dude... :D

hahah, nice one Simon, but as Amulte said:

You're way too late. The 9th post in this thread was off-topic;

Amulte, on 13th September.

You're a week too late!

:P

LOL, dont you mean the 10th then?

Now we're even further off-topic, talking about how far off-topic we are. :D

lol-this topic IS off-topic! :P