The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
qualia

wtb psycho0 seeds

hey wanting to buy some psycho0 seeds (no hybrids), have stuff to trade as well if you want pm and we'll sort it out,

cheers

Edited by qualia

wouldnt psychoo seed have to be a hybrid X to set seed?

as i understand the same genetic plant cant cross with itself only another genetically different plant, that being the reason why psychoo gets crossed with yowie etc...

Would recommend pming PD or perhaps shruman.

have gotten choice seed stock from both, amazing what you can get in a couple of years of sowing seed, the suckers snowball and then your kept busy as fuck.

• Like 3

i remember seeing sometimes "psycho0 x psycho0" seed here for sale at times, so i assumed you could have just "purebreed" psycho0 seed?

• Like 1

really, i would assume you could get open pollinated psychoo seed, never seen the other cross before doesnt mean its not around! tho Im certainly not an expert

If u saw that, I'm sure it was a typo or the person was misinformed. Psycho0 or any other clone cannot self fertilize under normal circumstances.

• Like 3

really? so one psycho0 plant can't pollinate with another? pity, cuttings are expensive.

really? so one psycho0 plant can't pollinate with another? pity, cuttings are expensive.

really psychoo grows fast, heaps of people would have pups or plants for sale. for a decent price. if you live in melbourne you should have no problems finding some old plantations, of various columnar cactus

It was only suppose to be one lol but god damn mobi's are crap, tricho's by & large are self sterile. & I think are not so expensive, depending on the seller. Good luck but you might be better Off With rocking horse Shit lol

qualia, my take on clones is the name is inherent only to a singular plant, So I bought psycho0 open pollinated seeds of PD all of the offspring will have the same parentage but all will show there own unique attributes, a blending of bridgesii and the unknown. Even if two cuts of true psycho0 could produce seed the seedlings would be genetically different to the parent plant, probably not remarkably different but different. I've come to the conclusion clone names are a bit of a scam not necesarily perpetrated by the founders of the clones but profiteers after the fact. You are better off growing out some good bridgesii seed and finding your own "psycho0", if youare looking for clone name seeds and get hold of PD. I would recommend seed from a bridge called "jb" open pollinated. Out of all the hybrid trich seed I got off pd those are the fastest growing seedlings, in my set up anyway.

Edited by Stillman
  • Like 3

"I've come to the conclusion clone names are a bit of a scam not necesarily perpetrated by the founders of the clones but profiteers after the fact."

How exactly does this scam work?

The time & effort required to grow these plants is huge for the meager profit that could be achieved?, Surely anyone interested in profiteering or running a scam could think of a hundred ways with less labour intensive with much less of an initial outlay & with vastly greater turnover & profits.

I think if people are growing these plants merely for profit they are the sucker who got scamed...

Edited by shruman
  • Like 3

On that note, naming clones.

Are these 'clones' named by an authority off sum kind?

Who names clones & what make them legit?

I would love to know how this works. Can I just do an open pollination on my trichos & name the funky/weird looking one of seedling Tricho joxinormous?

On that note, naming clones.

I would love to know how this works. Can I just do an open pollination on my trichos & name the funky/weird looking one of seedling Tricho joxinormous?

no, clone names have to end in -anus, or -ii

LOL^^,

Then why are you after- o0 :) .

But seriously who is the authority for naming clones?

Shruman I here you, and please note that my comments where not directed at you or any other members here on this forum. But you have to admit clone names are a very cleaver marketing tool. I mean thats why qualia wanted psycho0 because it has been "marketed" as vigorous grower, a regular flower and renown ethnobotanically. My point was is there any correlation that known clone name cacti produce a high percentage of "quality" seedlings? I mean I doubt if anyones done any testing anyhow, and if the seeds are more expensive because they have a clone name and yet produce a similar quality offspring as unnamed plants then I would call that a scam. Not the best scam in the world but a scam none the less.

• Like 1

actually i want psycho0 cos i like the golden/yellow spines

Edited by qualia

@ jox

Basically you are if you have something unique that's grown from seed and is mature enough to take a few cuttings you can name it, its not the best system but good for keeping track of what's what's

Edited by cactuscarl
  • Like 1

@ qualia see now I can't tell if your joking?

no not joking, i like psycho0's spines,

qualia, my take on clones is the name is inherent only to a singular plant, So I bought psycho0 open pollinated seeds of PD all of the offspring will have the same parentage but all will show there own unique attributes, a blending of bridgesii and the unknown. Even if two cuts of true psycho0 could produce seed the seedlings would be genetically different to the parent plant, probably not remarkably different but different. I've come to the conclusion clone names are a bit of a scam not necesarily perpetrated by the founders of the clones but profiteers after the fact.

:slap: Psycho0 is named in memory of Psycho0. An early member here, highly respected and gone too early. So don't be surprized if people take ur comment offensively esp when we are refering to the Psycho0 clone.

Apart from that, the reason to name clones is to keep track of them and wats wat. They are usually named after the person who they were aquired from, Mike for example. They are also regularly named after the finder, ie Yowie. But there are no hard and fast rules. It's just a name that lets u keep track of them. For our community it is esp important for breeding, because... as mentioned they are self sterile. No point trying to X diff plants if they are the same clone.

But also, names are not required. Simple genus and species is sufficient, hell, Genus might be more acurate when talking about trichs. But lets not get into that one now.

• Like 2

Thanks naja naja,

I did not mean to offend,

But I was just wondering is there an authority for naming these, looks like there no set rules, its good to see people naming clones after respected good people. But it sad to think theirs no set structure to naming clones & anyone can just name a unique plant as a new clone.

Edited by Jox