The Corroboree
niggles

<$15 Cardboard bicycle

cardboardbike.jpg

It was a little over a month ago that Dutch stroller manufacturer Joolz began giving its cardboard packaging a new lease of life as chairs and lamps, and now Israeli entrepreneur Izhar Gafni has demonstrated just how versatile the material can be. In fact, Gafni has built a working bicycle entirely out of recycled cardboard for a production cost of less than USD 15.

We’ve already seen bamboo bikes, of course, but Gafni’s prototype uses recycled cardboard instead and is reportedly designed to accommodate up to 300 pounds. Besides costing very little to produce – between USD 9 and USD 12 per unit, to be specific – the device is also durable, eco-friendly, lightweight and easily carried. Perhaps best of all for those in urban settings is that there will presumably be a reduced chance of it being stolen compared to pricier alternatives. The video below explains the premise in more detail:

http://www.springwise.com/transportation/cardboard-bicycle-built-15/

You've just gotta hope it doesn't rain :o

• Like 2

they should make cheap wheel chairs alot of poor people would love em

• Like 1

That's actually a really good plan

i know if you could make a bike for 15 i dont think a wheel chair would cost much more i wonder what the life span would be