The Corroboree
slayertat

Plants in Queensland?

Mr T - you are a true gentleman!

Yes - it ohly applies to beers and ales, wines are exempt...under excise...(Prehaps ATO drink wine?)

Please to see http://www.ato.gov.au/content/downloads/bus33165n5904.pdf as an example of application to brew beer on your premises non-commercially.

I am still reading ATO excise essentials (http://www.ato.gov.au/businesses/pathway.aspx?pc=001/003/095&alias=excise) where you'll see sections relating to this, others, and maybe the very air we breathe!

It is taking me some time to read as my jaw keeps hitting the ground and my blood pressure becomes uncontrollable.

It seems it is as I said:- one law for the capitalist, another law for the 'plebes'.

I still can not believe this nicotine situation! The truth of the present situation only hit me yesterday when I was obtaining permission to send a nurseryman, much like yourself, a small, free, commercial sample of Black Leaf 40 Insecticide for that person's Research and Development. Guess it will just have to be cigars.

None of the other tobacco alkaloids are mentioned...yet!

Respect to you...and may the Most High bless and protect us all.

any way back to the topic has anyone ever been charged under qld law for cacti

I have not known of anyone who has been charged under QLD law for cacti. I have a cacti and succulent collection in my front garden which includes a couple of San Pedros. They are in plain view of the street. I've also seen San Pedros sold at Bunnings, and purchased one from a smaller local nursery.

If they are the only thing you're growing, it may look a bit suss. Otherwise, relax.

• Like 1

Queensland police don't have to harass you about cactii - they've recruited Cactoblastis and Dactylopius to do that for them.

And Bunnings, locally, seem to supply a lot of plants that are declared invasive pests in Queensland.

Edited by Pat Uri
  • Like 2

I know several people who have been prosecuted for possession of Lophophora in Qld, but this is a specifically scheduled cactus in that state.

There is also a case of a large san pedro collection that was prosecuted, but he was making extracts, so it was an easy case.

• Like 1

thanks torsten do you know much about prints in qld

In Qld the species Psilocybe is not scheduled outright, but psilocin is. So as long as your plant material is devoid of any trace of psilocin it is legal to possess. However, possession of spores and supporting evidence [eg cultivation information] could lead to a 'conspiracy to manufacture illegal drugs' charge. Unlikely, but certainly possible if they really want to get you.

Importation is also illegal.

note ot people in other states: each state is different and in many states this is illegal.

• Like 1

Yes you bet Lophophora is a bust in Queensland - they even try to entrap you!

Gee - I wish I could have some - I could have got some seeds too, at one stage, and sally d. and kratom - thanks to Mr T's bravery. But in those paranoid, lurking years I honestly thought the SAB e-shop was another Police entrapment scheme! Well I paid the price and missed out, as SAB religiously abide by the law as it constantly changes at whim. Really the honest nursery is a "sitting duck" to legislation and it's a wonder their prohibition isn't generating a black market!

I get by on member's gallery and what few cactaceae I'm allowed - in some stages of their development they look a bit like Lw - which is highly polymorphic, sometimes not all that easy for the layman to identify and not called one of the "living stones" for any small reason, being near invisible in a rockery of greenish, weathered stones. Fairly obvious in a flower pot, pride of place, and labelled though.

Nope - no peyote in Queensland! Prehaps Ariocarpus, Anhalonium williamsii, Echinocactus lewinii, Mammillaria williamsii var. echinata, sheeeet! I dunno - I'm a complete noobie about this fascinatingly unique world of cactus - natives are my forte!

So folks - when asked about drug plants in Queensland - be like Nancy Reagan - and just say "No!".

RESPECT!

I've got a beautiful Anhalonium lewinii amongst my Astrophytums.

• Like 2

Wow! The authorities are amazing! I wish I could identify a fungus just by looking at a spore print.

Yes you bet Lophophora is a bust in Queensland - they even try to entrap you !

go have a look at bunnings

Edited by bigred82

Lophs at Bunnings? Or cacti that apparently contain mescaline Like Echinopsis, lobivia, Trichocereus, Gymnocalycium theres a list on the web somewhere (none of them contain more than minute amounts and god knows what other alkaloids are in them). lol.

What about those super cute little Trichocereus peruvianus with the Googly eyes marketed directly at children. Its 20 years in QLD to sell drugs to minors.. West farmers you is so ghetto.

• Like 6

go have a look at bunnings

Sorry there bigred82 - you'll just have to tell me what is in Bunnings yourself. They refuse me entry, because I refuse to wear shoes!...

• Like 2

Sorry there bigred82 - you'll just have to tell me what is in Bunnings yourself. They refuse me entry, because I refuse to wear shoes!...

for them I suppose it would be about liability...

Anyway, it won't be long now & the federal govt will make all mescaline containing cacti a no-no.

Federal, not just State...soon QLD won't be alone as the dumb state, it'll have the rest of Oz to keep it company...

Edited by space cadet 101
  • Like 1

Thanks there space cadet! So long as they want to tell us what has mescaline and what hasn't and what level the cutoff is - be it quality or quantity, 10 specimens more or less, etc.:- so they will get their job satisfaction.

Frankly I'd love to know myself:- which cultivar has the most, when it has the most, which part has the most, is it the species, en toto, the fertilizer used, etc. If us enthusiasts don't know, what realistic chance do they stand?...Unless they wanna try it and see - which I whole heartedly recommend to them!

If they want to be the experts, then I'm sure we are all ears!...Not that we would know anything of course!

I think they would do a better job by making real what legislation is already in place:- pull out all the lantana, parthenium, water hyacinth, prickly pear, knob weed, rubber vine, cane toads, etc. etc. and THEN make up more rules. Indeed inspecting what "certain" suppliers already sell, at a few bucks a pot, as garden plants, when they are, in fact, invasive pests in this state might be a start.

QA won't allow me to buy Bunnings tools, plants or merchandise. We buy only from reputable dealers that sell goods that meet Australian Safety Standards.

Anyway if I wanted any of their shitty, el cheapo crap I'd bribe one of their underpaid, desperate managers to steal it for me and deliver it to me personally for a "carton of piss" and a "bag of weed". No offense! - a job is a job!

Cheers, now!

• Like 1

dont you have to wear shoes in centerlink

• Like 1

Prehaps you do at "Centerlink"! You don't at Centrelink. And I should know - I took a contract, months back, to move all the Commonwealth Rehabilitation Service's equipment into local Centrelink's office because the Federal Government had closed the latter office down and merged the two together! Hired 3 labourer's to do it and kept them full of "goodies" when I did! The officers stared at my bare feet, red eyes and beer breath - but being the only contractor who'd hire CRS bods and do it that cheaply - said not a word.

The CRS sign is, pride of place, used as a coffee table now in one of their homes!

You wanna get back to your topic ya ginger freak - or am I blowing too much smoke up your kilt?

Edited by Pat Uri
  • Like 2

did i hit a nerve you seem to give it but not be able to take it

Good come-back! No nerves to hit, my friend! Most of my CNS was burnt out years ago - oh, if only I had two brains to enjoy!

Just testing your temper - we are here to have fun!

So how you feel about ephedra? Looks just like Casuarina - think they'll spot that one?

Edited by Pat Uri

Getting back to the original question there, slayertat, the only really "safe" way to display plants in hydroponic setups is to choose specimens that are already displayed in popular books on gardening. That way you can show cause why you used it.

Strange that you have to prove your choice - rather than they having to prove why you can't. Avoid anything they can "google" or find in "wiki" listed as "psychedelic".

(I'm sorry about the digressions above - perhaps the mods can edit them out as irrelevant to topic - its just I heard my name called and love a "flamewar".)

Be prepared for a few visits and requests about seedy looking clients (possibly barefooted). May your business prosper!

That's neat, what a simple idea, lol

did you scroll down and see the massive crop

Grow your business with us LOL thats beautiful.

• Like 1

Getting back to the original question there, slayertat, the only really "safe" way to display plants in hydroponic setups is to choose specimens that are already displayed in popular books on gardening. That way you can show cause why you used it.

Strange that you have to prove your choice - rather than they having to prove why you can't. Avoid anything they can "google" or find in "wiki" listed as "psychedelic".

(I'm sorry about the digressions above - perhaps the mods can edit them out as irrelevant to topic - its just I heard my name called and love a "flamewar".)

Be prepared for a few visits and requests about seedy looking clients (possibly barefooted). May your business prosper!

no dramas, I dont grow any ethnos hydroponically they are all in my garden. they are staying because I love them all too much and one can see obviusly they dont get harvested as they are far too big lol.