The Corroboree
space cadet swami

Germinating by the moons cycles..?

Germinating by the full moon..?  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've talked about it around the place quite a bit. I don't want to sound like a broken record so I just wanted to remind folks that there could be a far more powerful and overlooked factor at play.

A sciencey one even! But one that is overlooked nonetheless, perhaps fatally.

A broken record is one that doesn't play it's song!

• Like 1

I didn't know it made any difference! I might have to experiment with that in future.

please report back with your results

if it can be proven im sure it would be really useful information for all the Australian farmers out there

LOL. All a bunch of muddy-foot, bong-smokin, hippy dribble mate aye! I'm gunna go watch telly an ava beer mate.

...Caus the moon frickin told me to mate..

Seriously though, anyone know what spectrum moonlight is in QLD Australia?

I get the best germination rates when i subject them to platinum ion vacuum sputter deposition before planting out.

Edited by ghosty

LOL. All a bunch of muddy-foot, bong-smokin, hippy dribble mate aye! I'm gunna go watch telly an ava beer mate.

...Caus the moon frickin told me to mate..

Seriously though, anyone know what spectrum moonlight is in QLD Australia?

Are you drunk? What kind of redneck, ignorant, comment is that...?

No. been working all day and just having a coffee latte before starting more work i need to do. I'm just happy. Why does nobody appreciate my happiness? Drinking isnt good for me.

"What kind of redneck, ignorant, comment is that...?" Ummm.. It's a serious and valid question amongst a tolken opposing viewpoint. For smart-arse pisstaking humorous value, Obviously. And if i might say so, a form of art in it's own right.

But, after all this, perhaps it's time for a drink my friend. what ya think? I'll have a double-benno thanks :wink:

A double benno would probably go to your head man

LOL

LOL

I will have to quote Mrs Pancakes here.. "You don't know me.." Though truthfully, i think you're right. :innocent_n:

Thats over my head... anyway sorry i dont really care... wish i didnt say anything....

Peace

Fyi i always try to get my seeds down the week before the full moon ;-)

• Like 1

Don't be like that mate. are you off to bed? OK then all the best

Grease.

:scratchhead:

when i asked about spectrum of moonlight it relates to hearing others talk of the importance of "lunar light" for plant growth. seeming to appear of greater importance to some plants more than others also.

I can say i cant recall ever having even thought about lunar cycles at any time planting or thinking of planting any seed.

Edited by ghosty

I don't know why it would be considered hippy bullshit to imagine the moon has an influence on plant growth.

I think it's more unusual to say that the moon doesn't have any influence.

• Like 3

I don't know either. I guess you'd have to ask the tv watching drunks. I don't know any so sorry i cant help.

i dont care whether other people follow moon cycles or not, if you dont think theres any merit to it then dont do it, no ones holding a gun to your head. I dont understand why people feel the need to so vehemently oppose it, i mean what harm can it do, especially if theres nothing to it...

• Like 1

why not provide some proof as to how moon cycles effect plants ?

The moon could effect plants in many different ways, (different plants could be effected differently) so if your keen on the idea im keen to reading your experiments that prove or disprove your point :)

I dont really care what you think either, im also aware that know-one is holding a gun to my head..... which is nice :)

Im quite interested in proof and facts,

I germinate seeds on a weekly basis, and ive never noticed a pattern that would point to better germination during any part of the moon cycle, but maybe im not opening minded enough, or maybe the moon spirits just dont like my attitude :wink:, either way im not having issues germinating seeds so its not really a concern to me.

Maybe if i was having issues with germination then it would make me feel better blaming it on the moon.... im not sure

• Like 2

In beginning to think the eleven year solar cycle, as far as subtle influences go, probably has stronger repercussions in terms of altering the electrical environment on earth and possibly biology as a result.

What makes you think that Thunder ?

Just so i know what we are talking about....

Is it the light reflecting from the moon thats helping germination ? or is it to do with the gravitational effects from the moon cycles ?

What makes you think that Thunder ?

more or less charged particles hitting the magnetosphere as sunspots come and go, with countless carry-on effects through different layers of the atmosphere to the earth below our feet.

Just so i know what we are talking about....

Is it the light reflecting from the moon thats helping germination ? or is it to do with the gravitational effects from the moon cycles ?

it's pretty standard to believe nothing much is swingin' in the solar system except solar radiation and gravity.

have some of this up ya http://sisko.colorado.edu/FESD/MeetPresentFiles/2013.GEC.3.21.pdf

• Like 1