The Corroboree
space cadet swami

Germinating by the moons cycles..?

Germinating by the full moon..?  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Here's my two cents:

As a rare fruit collector, I have planted thousands of seeds across a massive range of genera. I have personally introduced many species into Australia that were not here before I did that, and many of them are still undescribed. And I can tell you that in my-experience- the-role-that-moon-phases -plays in the success of germination is thus:

Doodley Squat.

Ph, moisture, soil temperature, humidity, and sterilization are all pertinent factors. But from a scientific, and observational perspective, the phase of the moon doesn't have any discernible effect on the outcome whatsoever. Correlation does not equal causation. Whatever supposed effect that has been observed is attributable to one of the the aforementioned factors. The phase of the moon is just incidental.

• Like 2

^^ thankyou for posting starling :lol:

I think most of it is just wishful thinking extrapolated from ancient agricultural practices.

It's well established that rain comes around full and and new moons, so planting a grain or root crop outdoors would have benefited from lunar planting cycles as the plants would have had a better chance of getting a good start because they would have enough water to get established .

It just doesn't seem to apply to anything you'd start yourself in pots and give them everything they need.