The Corroboree
mr b.caapi

Earliest childhood memory ?

I was maybe 5. I remember looking at my shoulder in the mirror, and there was a 'string' hanging off. I tried to pull on the string, but it was painful. The day before I had been playing in the kiddie pool, for a long time apparently, because this string was a broken blister.

i would have been just over 2 years old when my mum returned from hospital after giving birth to my younger brother.

i don't think i'd been prepared in any way because i can remember her coming through the door w/a baby in her arms.

i was standing on my bed which was encircled by a wooden pen type thing & i remember being struck by the thought that i'd been replaced.

And in a shocked voice i cried:

"What's THAT?"

• Like 1

Some great descriptions in this thread.

My first memory was burning my hand on a motorbike exhaust, using it to try to stand up so i must of been pretty damn young. Oddly enough I was still really into bikes and that when I was young, then after a pretty long break are back into them now and have been for the last few years, I just wish I could get something bigger (am stuck on a 250 for the forseable future :( ).

And then my mum using Aloe vera to treat the burn, which thinking back was obviously my introduction to useful plants too :) .

• Like 1

Around 4 yrs old,I remember staying the night in the top floor of a barn, sleeping on huge pile of haybales with my mum and our cat.

Then my smartarse father came along making horrible noises like a possom, coming up the ladder towards us.

My mum freaked and chucked the cat at him and he fell off the ladder. I remember being very, very confused by the whole situation.

going in a plane at about 2, distinctly that the lovely lady who was the air hostess gave me three slices of sweet bread, one coloured and flavoured chocolate, one vanilla and one strawberry. the most amazing thing i had ever seen in my then short life that still i remember today.

speaking of hospitals, i remember now when my dad had his kidney stones removed he had to go to flinders hospital and have a stay, that was the first time i ever tried salt n vinegar chips (they were crinkle cut), i was hooked :blush:

edit: that was when i was in kindergarten i think, so would have been younger than 5

Edited by qualia