The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Numina

confused about trading

Hi there,

Obviously I'm a noob, I have been reading the trading thread trying to figure out hows this all works. I don't understand the jargon/message format and how to get involved. I don't have anything to trade but would like to participate. Sorry about my ignorance. Could somebody please explain things to me by whatever means is most appropriate.

Signed: a bit slow :(

Welcome :) have a look at the first post in that thread for instructions, but you'll need something to trade first before snaffling any goodies.

• Like 1

So i presume you refer to the spore print/live culture trading thread. It is continuous and hence works like this:

lets pretend I offer a oyster culture the VVVV indicates "offer"

VVVVVVVV oyster culture VVVVVVVVVV

Next person wants the oyster and offers (in order to get it you need to offer...continuous trading)

VVVVVVVV XYZ spore print VVVVVVVV

ETC

ETC

All prints for mycroscopy purposes only ofcourse, unless from edibles

hope that makes sense :)

• Like 1

Will add the details of postage and such if claiming an offer are sorted out via Personal Message(PM) , you may need your post count up a little to use PMs

Hey Numina,

Welcome to SAB my friend, you'll find lots of helpful brothers & sisters around here so your problems won't be for very long.. :wink:

If you find something you want to buy simply state so on the thread, then "Personal Message" (PM) the person with ur address & gratitude. If u hold the mouse over the persons name a box will pop-up with the facility to send a message. Whoever u want to buy from will probably PM u back some bank details & as soon as the moony appears in their account ur products get dispatched...that simple. U'll also notice quite a few giveaways from the generous people of this forum, if ur quick enough u can score some freebies.

Now if ur talking about the "free trading thread", u take what's on offer & then post what u want to offer to the next person down the line.

Regards spacey...very slow :scratchhead:

• Like 1

I remember when I was getting used to how things worked it took me a looooong time to work out that the V button was just a V and not an arrow :BANGHEAD2:

• Like 1

Don't you mean that it represents an arrow and not just a V?

As in, when you post "I'll take that thank you", you are accepting the offer above that is point downwards to you.

Then you make another offer, pointing the arrows VVVVVV downward for the next person to snatch up.

And thus the progression of trading is clearly laid out.

• Like 1

Don't you mean that it represents an arrow and not just a V?

Exactly. I had to have someone explain to me that the down arrow symbol is a capital v. Felt so stupid. :unsure:

• Like 1

Many thanks for your replies. It was the free trading thread I was referring to and I did read the first post quite a few times. While I had a bit of guess at what it meant, I couldn't be sure. The Vs were a complete mystery, I thought they were some kind of diversion or internet black magic to throw the search engines off. The more Vs the stronger the spell lol. When I get something to trade I'll be giving that vee key a bit touch up:) Thanks again.

• Like 4

how would you go about introducing yourself to the community i have some projects i love mycology but am a total nood when it comes to it

i know i may be new to this site but would gladly help a fellow member out with nutrients for a culture

• Like 1

Hey bigred,

I think ur a noob not a nood, but that's close enough...lol :wink:

I'd say, in the forum section go "Science", "mycology" & start a topic with the button up in the right hand corner that says "Start New Topic".

By the way... Welcome to SAB...BR :P:)

I love totally nude newbies. Yum yum yum, daddy is watching.

numina, if you are still contributing on 1st august, PM me for an entheo plant freebie if youre into gardening.

Welcome to all the recent nude nubile noobs.

• Like 3

You didn't offer me a freebie, just a packet of durries.

I feel violated... :blush:

I think the confusion is that SAB does it a little differently - people here say:

VVVV Gets 4 horses and a goat VVVVV

When on other sites people say

^^ Gets ^^ VVVV offers 7 chickens and a frog VVVV

The 'gets' is inside the VVVV * VVVV - which I found to be a little odd - but I'm a little odd myself... so that makes an even :) But it took me a little while to ^^gets it^^ but thought i'd VVV offer my 2 cents worth anyway VVV

• Like 2

You didn't offer me a freebie, just a packet of durries.

I feel violated... :blush:

My door is always open anytime you want to come and grab a special cigar.

VVV get's a toenail from Psylo's beautiful foot VVV

• Like 1

Hey Psylo,

Definitely into gardening. Problem is I suck at it a bit. Never tried it in the nood. Maybe thats where I'm going wrong. The neighbours can be so unreasonable about that sort of thing though. Would be grateful for any donations, thanks. Very droll I_D, I'm hoping I ^^gets it too^^ soon.

• Like 2

thanks for being so understanding there is nothing wrong with being a noob at least im honest about it

peace big red

• Like 1