The Corroboree
Halcyon Daze

Bridge x Peruv crosses

There just doesn't seem to be enough of these getting around. Anything Bridge or Bridgesioid crossed with anything Peruv or Peruvianoid is gonna come up a damn nice plant. Especially any peruv crossed onto psycho0 or Eileen.

I recently picked up some nice Psycho0 x J3 seeds which I have high hopes for. But I can't help fantasize about psycho0 x Juuls giant or how about Eileen x Roesii no.2. So much potential!

Some potential bridge parents would be, Psycho0, Eileen, Bruce etc, some good peruvianoid parents would be J1,2&3, Roseii no.1&2 , T. glaucous, Juuls giant and many more. But where are they? Why are they not more common? There are so many hybrids doing the rounds now but the most obvious awesome crosses between our good bridgesioids and peruvianoids seem so few and far between.

Anyone with any such crosses come out of the shadows and into the light!

Edited by Halcyon Daze
  • Like 3

I also read that the famed lumberjackus is thought to be one such bridge/peruv cross.

i have a "Kimura's giant (peru) X Bridgesii" Which is a nice spiky little plant

it got rot last year so i had to chop and repot so its only small

someone out there must have a nice size kimura's x bridge they wouldnt mind putting a photo up of???

so glad you started this thread!!! peruXbridge are very interesting

• Like 1

Takes time, patience & resisting the urge to chop...

I'm sure us Aussies will get there, I have some smaller SS x's I got from Herbalistics & I'm sure theres more out there...

I have a few seedlings that would fall under that category am working on putting one of every variety on peres. Your right HD That and the bridgesii scop crosses are the bees knees depending on if you like long spines or short. And for me with high humidity the peru and th espo gentics seem to really toughen the bridgesii up as far as black rot is concerned.

There just doesn't seem to be enough of these getting around. Anything Bridge or Bridgesioid crossed with anything Peruv or Peruvianoid is gonna come up a damn nice plant. Especially any peruv crossed onto psycho0 or Eileen.

I recently picked up some nice Psycho0 x J3 seeds which I have high hopes for. But I can't help fantasize about psycho0 x Juuls giant or how about Eileen x Roesii no.2. So much potential!

Some potential bridge parents would be, Psycho0, Eileen, Bruce etc, some good peruvianoid parents would be J1,2&3, Roseii no.1&2 , T. glaucous, Juuls giant and many more. But where are they? Why are they not more common? There are so many hybrids doing the rounds now but the most obvious awesome crosses between our good bridgesioids and peruvianoids seem so few and far between.

Anyone with any such crosses come out of the shadows and into the light!

Recently I've successfully crossed lumberjackus x juuls, juuls x Ljackus, validus x Ljackus, validus x juuls, spachianus x Ljackus, and I forget what I crossed a generic bridgesii with, possibly juuls or Ljackus. Nice fruits forming on all.

Additionally two plants of SS02 x SS01 were successfully crossed both ways, so F2 seeds of that cross should be available as soon as the fruits finish ripening.

Trichs expected to flower in the next few weeks are juuls, huanucoensis, kimnach, scop, peru, validus, a fat generic bridge, SS02 x SS01, and last but no least, eileen. Eileen & scop have only one flower each, all the rest have numerous flowers to experiment with.

To my knowledge, this will be the first time eileen has flowered for anyone other than reshroomED's mother plants. I just hope her pollen is viable.

A lot of which gets crossed with what will depend on what is flowering at the moment, but I'm certainly open for suggestions for the most desired crosses. :)

• Like 7

Zelly is SS02 and SS01 Bridgesii? or bridgesii hybrid?

SS01 is peruvianoid and SS02 is bridgesoid

Thus I bet it'd be fun growing out F2's of crosses of those!

Oh wow, I thought they were both Bridgesiiod I have a heap of SS01x Serra canyon bridgesii seedlings I have a few on peres already, they seem really vigorous which makes sense.

edit. I wait its SS02x Serra canyon.

Edited by Stillman

The second, third & fourth pic in this post http://www.shaman-au...ndpost&p=363634

shows the bigger SS02 x SS01 mother plant.

This cross probably has the most wicked spines of any of the trichs I have.

• Like 1

Recently I've successfully crossed lumberjackus x juuls, juuls x Ljackus, validus x Ljackus, validus x juuls, spachianus x Ljackus, and I forget what I crossed a generic bridgesii with, possibly juuls or Ljackus. Nice fruits forming on all.

Wow! don't forget us here downunder!~

scratch that

it was peruXpach

Edited by Bush Turkey

Reputed Peruv X Bridge I picked up from elsewhere, its nice and blue :) :

peruvxbridgbmp.jpg

• Like 5

I have a number of these growing as seedlings (properly identified) at the moment, and they are growing well. I think I have a few more juveniles that have just been called "bridgesii" when I got them, although they are blatantly hybrids.

In a few years I hope they'll be nice and grown-up and then I can show what the cross has done. What I really want to see more of is Terscheckii crosses. I would do almost anything to have a blue bridgesii form, with the golden curved spines of a terscheckii... :drool2:

Holy **** that's a nice plant waterboy!

Oh yeah, That's what I'm talking about waterboy, very nice indeed. I can see that turning into a real fattie!

WB that is an awesome colour. Very impressive.

Is SS01 peruvianoid? or cuzconoid?, I always thought it was ore on the cuzcoensis side of things?

Nice work Zelly, how big is your Eileen?, in the ground I presume?, One stem or with pups, multilimbed?

I have an Eileen about 5' with 3 other limbs around 3' but the bloody thing just keeps pushing pups probly another 6 or more & is hardly growing at the main column anymore. I might cut the other limbs & pups off in an attempt to force the main column to grow & hopefully flower.

Does seem to be a bit of a bugger & if others have had flowers they are not talking about it or posting pics.

Yeah thats right too alot of it is about what else is open at the same time.

Nice plant WB but looks fairly typicaly peru to me, thats not to say that it couldnt have come from said x with the amount of variability they can exhibit.

gomeos was selling heaps of this one or a reverse before he passed away..

will get some photo's of a couple i have tomorrow.

Is SS01 peruvianoid? or cuzconoid?, I always thought it was ore on the cuzcoensis side of things?

Just judging the spines on the SS02 x SS01 cross, I'd have to agree that SS01 is more cuzconoid than pervianoid. I have the SS02 clone by itself & its spines typically consist of two short ones per aerole.

Nice work Zelly, how big is your Eileen?, in the ground I presume?, One stem or with pups, multilimbed?

The eileen with the flower has a main stem around 5' and multiple pups at the base, one around 18". Shortly after the bud appeared, it pushed out 3 new pups midway up the main stem as well as several more at the base. All my plants are in the ground.

A second eileen has a main stem of 6' and multiple stems and new pups at the base. Mid way up the main stem are two new pups, but no flowers. The interesting thing is the main stem (and all others) are offsets from the original 5" dia center cut from reshroomED.

I think a huge contributing factor to eileens flower and the abundant crop of other flowers (and new pups) I experienced this year was several heavy applications of bone meal to the soil. I hoed up all the soil around the plants & tossed out a lot of bone meal, usually managing to do so right before heavy rains.

Just judging the spines on the SS02 x SS01 cross, I'd have to agree that SS01 is more cuzconoid than pervianoid.

From the photos I saw, I suspected something like this as well. Here's a representative photo of SS01 (from MSS), that really shows the common cuzco traits:

1) The extremely long spines emerging from the crown.

2) That two-tone gradient orange colour of spine.

But the glaucous wax, areole size, and general shape are more in line with a peruvianus. That's just how I see it, of course. :)

ss011b.jpg

Edited by βluntmuffin
  • Like 1

did a trade with a member here who obtained the following crosses from the US.

T. Huarazensis x t. Bridgesii.

T. Huarazensis x t. Ayacucho.

T. Ayacucho x t. Huarazensis.

T. Puquiensis x t. Huarazensis.

T. Scopulicola x t. Puquiensis.

T. Puquio x t. Scopulicola.

T. Puquiensis x t. Ayacucho.

T. Scopulicola x t. Bridgesii.

Most of them germinated.......

wouldnt it be interesting to get a homogenized cactus strain from all these hybrids in lets say 20 years time....... just hybridize them all until all the differences dissapear and they all start looking more or less the same.......

• Like 1

I have alot of those hybrids I'd say they are nitrogens crosses. In a year or so I'll ost some pics for a comparison. Sounds like an interesting project, if you use peres etc I think it could easily be done in 20 years.

• Like 1

Here are some pics of a trichocereus that was sold to me labeled as bridgesii x peruvianus ,what does everyone think mislabeled or not?

I think it could be a hybrid. It definitely looks more bridgy than peruvy but I can see enough cross over there to say it's probably legit.

Hybrids aren't always an even 50/50 blend that look halfway between the two parents. It's quite possible for the offspring to look more like a 90/10 ratio. That's just the outward appearance too. the inner physiology of the plant could be much different to it's outward appearance.

It looks like you have done a good job arresting that rot. It might even be quite resistant to rot, but it had a very rough trot in the few weeks before you acquired it. You just never know these things and it's not good to jump to the first/ most likely conclusion.