The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
cactus kate

cresty crests

hi there just wondering if anyone can help put me in the right direction to obtain and purchase a crest or seeds dont mind what kind have tried and tried on ebay and always loose have a mate that bids for me as i have no computer at home cheers everyone would ideally love one of those montrose looking ones but am keeping every eye open

Hamiltons nursery has Trichocereus crests. There are plenty of crests out there though. I've bought heaps of weird plants from Bunnings and Big W and local markets.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=crest+cacti&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1422&bih=839&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&authuser=0&ei=u3X2T5P2Dua4iQfl7KXdBg

Do they have Bunnings in Tas? If they do and you can get cacti ask if they will do a special order for a few different sorts of crest.

So you know you cannot get crest seed cresting is a mutation that just happens sometimes

• Like 2

hi there just wondering if anyone can help put me in the right direction to obtain and purchase a crest or seeds dont mind what kind have tried and tried on ebay and always loose have a mate that bids for me as i have no computer at home cheers everyone would ideally love one of those montrose looking ones but am keeping every eye open

Use an Auction sniper program like Just Snipe.

• Like 1

I have never heard of that before? You may have just revolutionised my ebay existence.

i could probably get you a pup off a monstrose cereus peruvianus

I have never heard of that before? You may have just revolutionised my ebay existence.

and now it will never be same again. Enjoy :)

• Like 1

I have been using a Quick snipe for a few years and at the start it was great but these days there seems to be a lot of people using one. It defiantly can stop the price being pushed up early.

Sorry back to the crest's

Cheers

Got

I have euphorbia trigonus crests

can i please buy one !

I have euphorbia trigonus crests

can i please buy one !

hey you can buy one or both of my two Euphorbia lactea variegata cristates shown growing in a 15 cm pot :wink:

elacteavaricristatedsc0.jpg

elacteavaricristatedsc0.jpg

• Like 3

still searching for the famous crest have purchased a small one of cactus carl is in the mail but looks like i an not getting still waiting i have fingers crossed anyone willing to part with any cheers kate

am trying dont u worry put a offer on all but alway loose cause cant watch them at work

Poytens Nursery (I think thats the right spelling) use to have a few different crests, no trichs though.

I am not sure if its still open (havent lived that way for years), but its the one you see off the highway, before you head into Ulverstone - traveling towards Burnie (on left hand side of Hway). May be worth an investigation Kate as not far from you.

WB

EDIT - generally most ebay folk wont send cacti this way, you know quarantine and all....

Edited by waterboy

are you serious last time i went there they had nothing the owner died few years ago now the son is in charge and it is on the market for sale any chance you could tell me when you seen crests pls have never ever seen one here cheers kate

Only trying to help Kate :wink:

Be 4+ years back Kate - the son has obviously ruined the nursery as it was one of the best on the NW Coast and had a lot of rare plants. All the knowledge and obviously love went with the old fella (RIP). They did have some spectacular massive Opuntia crests, amongst others. Someone on the coast would had to have grabbed some, they will be out there......

Crests have been sold many times Kate of various species, Bunnings has had a few succulent ones before, Evandale Market has had a few turn up I have seen - still no trich ones :unsure: . Cacti are in general out of fashion in Tas as the climate is challenging for anyone with a passing interest to keep em alive.

cheers thanks will follow up on the market try bunnings most weekends and never seen a crest get a few different ones there i dont have but not often cherrs kate shame about poyntons hey

cheers thanks will follow up on the market try bunnings most weekends and never seen a crest get a few different ones there i dont have but not often cherrs kate shame about poyntons hey

Ask your Bunnings what day they get their Cacti delivery and meet the truck there. There are usually a few people who pick out all the good stuff when it arrives at my Bunnings.

oh cheers kate

cacti to bunnings every tuesday in tasmania but they cant do no special order dam bastards man i want better stock here in tasmania and know one understands my need and addiction ha ha

personal thanks to bread filter for you info for bunnings cheers was helpful tryed anyhow is all we can do thanks kate

personal thanks to bread filter for you info for bunnings cheers was helpful tryed anyhow is all we can do thanks kate

Your welcome mate. Glad I could help. Keep checking Ebay for the well known crest seller. Also try emailing them to ask if they have any more. Say you missed out on their auctions or something. I'll PM you the seller's username later when I remember and have more time.

cheers have tried on many auctions and due to not being able to watch all the time being computer mainly at work but trying to sort out computer at home cheers

cheers have tried on many auctions and due to not being able to watch all the time being computer mainly at work but trying to sort out computer at home cheers

Use justsnipe.com and find out the reason why you were losing auctions :)