The Corroboree
naja naja

Hamiltons TPM origin??

So, does any1 know the origins of this plant/clone? Is it a seedling selection of the TPM X SS02 nitrogen did? If so, is there more than one clone in circulation? Or was it imported into Australia? Any info would be awesome.

Peace

Naja

P.S. Can we have some TPM photo's from members here? I have searched for the pics of the ones Tripsis sold not too long ago, but couldn't find them. They were the most advanced specimens I had seen of this clone. And Hello nasty's TPMx is the sexiest I have seen.

Edited by naja naja
  • Like 1

What does TPM stand for???

Is that T.pasacana monstrose??

I grew a TPM X SS02 seed i got from someone here (Strangebrew ? ) but it hasnt grown Monstrose, still a good looker but.

Edited by mr b.caapi

What does TPM stand for???

Is that T.pasacana monstrose??

T. Peruvianus monstrose

I'm getting a couple seeds of the nitrogen cross soon.

The Hamiltons TPM is definitely not from Nitrogen's TPM X SS02 seed. Even the largest of those that were grafted are still pretty small.

Trichocereus peruvianus monstrosus

Mr Slow today :P

Edited by naja naja

Here's mine scored off ebay for $20 about a year and a bit ago. Its a pretty fast grower actually, already in need of a larger pot.

vzFiWl.jpgjwKFBl.jpgIcFBfl.jpg

• Like 2

post-9715-0-11872500-1339647296_thumb.jp

Here is mine, sourced from Ebay also. This photo is six months old so it has grown somewhat larger.

I have been meaning to graft an aereole from this. It seems to be a fairly stable crest. I'm also interested in the origins of the clone.

post-9715-0-11872500-1339647296_thumb.jpg

double post :bong:

post-9715-0-11872500-1339647296_thumb.jp

Edited by tipz

Here's mine scored off ebay for $20 about a year and a bit ago. Its a pretty fast grower actually, already in need of a larger pot.

[url=[url=[url=

Very nice shroomeup do you have a photo of it when you first got it and can you tell us what size pot it is in please

Cheers

Got

and is it the only TPM clone in Australia? I remember tripsis's photo's showed columnar monstrose groth on some offsets. I specifically purchased the plant I did as it also shows a side pup of this tendency (fingers X'd) some peoples crests seem very stable, others a little less.

P.S. Sexy plant Shroom & tipz, hope mine grows fast like that too.

Edited by naja naja

So the crest I have is a super Pedro x j3

Is that a very common one ??

For some reason I had in my head it was just a pach but aparantly not

I don't think there is such a thing as just a pach crest in Australia my understanding is that the peruvian are common compared to a pach. :wink:

Cheers

Got

Interesting I don't know why I had thought that

I had a feeling I was wrong and had been meaning to check bak about it turns out I was wrong

I thought the Peru crest was the more rare one in oz

jeez am I out of the loop haha

Edit:

Wait does that mean wat I have is pretty rare or not

Edited by myco

Very nice shroomeup do you have a photo of it when you first got it and can you tell us what size pot it is in please

Cheers

Got

Cheers mate, but yeah I just spent ages looking through a bunch of my old plant photos and couldn't find any pics of it. Was cool looking at all those old pics anyway. Things have grown so much!

When I got it, it was a rooted cutting probably about 5 x 10cm. The pots about 17cm. Hard tell tell exactly as its distorted from the growth.

I've got a trich crest from Hamiltons

DSCF2134.jpg

DSCF2131.jpg

but I thought Nitrogens was columnar monstrose?

I want one of these hamiltons crests they look very nice

mine has loads of spines on it compared to all these ones you guys have

So the crest I have is a super Pedro x j3

Is that a very common one ??

Unless u have given some out or PD has, u and PD are the only ones with that particular clone of SPxJ3. There's the other clone that was sold in same auction as yours. It seemed to show diff growth characteristics, but was still crested. It came from a diff seed . So there is as far as I know, 2 clones of the SPxJ3 and one of the straight T, peruvianus (if thats what it is) and then the other crests I am aware of are the TPMxSS02 seedlings. The few members who got seed and have spoken about them have gotten crests, all except B.cappi. HelloNasty's that he grafted and degrafted is the sexiest I have seen, but they are all quite young as the others could be even sexier as they mature. Although, regardless, HN's degraft is one of the sexiest Trich grafts I have seen.

So that'd be like 1 TPM clone

2 SPxJ3 clones

and atleast 5 TPMxSS02 (bridgesii) clones. If they are all still alive.

Any1 got any more to add?

I have the NZ pachenoi crest to add to what is in Australia.

And I am currently in the process of sourcing the crested TBM.

• Like 2

Do u notice how camera shy tipz J3 crest is, both tipz and pd's photo's have been blury, seems it has some strange power to effect the camera lense. :P

Oh, and photo's please tipz.

Edited by naja naja

Unless u have given some out or PD has, u and PD are the only ones with that particular clone of SPxJ3. There's the other clone that was sold in same auction as yours. It seemed to show diff growth characteristics, but was still crested. It came from a diff seed

2 SPxJ3 clones

and atleast 5 TPMxSS02 (bridgesii) clones. If they are all still alive.

Any1 got any more to add?

Ok cool thanks Naja I had thought the 2 crests in that auction were from the same clone but I'd would make sense they were from different seed as they did both look very different

I know tipz got the other one in the auction and unfortunately his has completely reverted to normal growth

So he's in line for a cut from mine as I feel terrible about wat happened with his wich he also payed substantially more for

I do plan on getting cuts out that was my intentions from the start in getting it

I haven't got any out yet but hopefully soon

The original grafted crest I got I have taken 2 cuts from wich were both grafted and are going nicely

And I also have 4 cuttings on thier own roots now aswell as the original graft wich has more pups emerging from it

The pups it throws out immediately crest so I guess that's a good sign

Hopefully I can get many cuts out to others over the next couple of yrs :)

I hope to be able to get a few cuts out by the end of summer maybe sooner :)

• Like 1

the photo of the pach crest is here http://i1084.photobu...st/IMG_3839.jpg

It's only tiny, but it is the NZ clone. I will graft it next spring and get some cuts out there.

If the tbm crest lands safely I will be a pretty happy camper

Edit - this is the sp x j3 crest from PD... fully reverted :( hopefully it mutates later in life ) post-9715-0-33294800-1339664481_thumb.jp

post-9715-0-33294800-1339664481_thumb.jpg

post-9715-0-33294800-1339664481_thumb.jpg

Edited by tipz
  • Like 3

I'd love to see a Tbm crest that's gotta look pretty interesting