The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
shifabrains

king stropharia

I would be keen to know as well. i love those pictures of these in Stamets Mycelium Running.

cheers.

So would i if someones wants to do a swap.

Is King Stropharia the same as the Stropharia Terence Mckenna finds in his book True Hallucinations?

I have been wanting to play with one of these for a while, but currently do'nt have the opportunity, on special at the moment aswell. fantastic looking site, I've been watching for a while , anyone have experience with these guys?

"Fungi's Big Bucket of Giant Mushrooms is an Australian first. Packed with King Stropharia spawn, the bucket contains everything you need to get your garden patch producing GIANT mushrooms in your garden. Imagine GIANT mushrooms as big as 20cm tall and 30cm across. Your mushroom patch can produce for extended periods over several years."

http://www.fungi.net.au/grow_your_own_mushrooms/shop.html

So would i if someones wants to do a swap.

Is King Stropharia the same as the Stropharia Terence Mckenna finds in his book True Hallucinations?

No, I presume they're talking about this one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stropharia_rugosoannulata

Hey gang,

I've just started isolated a new strain of SRA from a spore-print off an old/slow strain.

In about a week or two I'll have a number of different strains that I need tested out...

Happy to pass on plates to the first 5 takers as long as they can keep me posted on the progress!

ps- these strains are looking really promising! especially compared to the strain the print came from :lol:

and the King Stropharia is definitely not active, it's a gourmet edible

I would love one, so putting dib in for one.

so glad to hear your having success, and have a promising strain/s on the go.

I will pm you.

Awesome.

Cheers, Ob.

That sounds great, omsource! Really keen to follow up the isolates.

Will pm you!

:wink: satyr

HI, I'm really new to this but really keen - would love to grow king stropharia. They look lovely and easy to grow -

Can I put hand up to try it out? Though I gather it can be over 4 months before you get any fruit.

• Like 1

damn, i've been so preoccupied, i forgot this thread.

How you going with these omsource.

Cheers, Ob.

sorry I somehow missed this thread!

The plates are juuust about ready to post out, just had to back them all up as master slants.

Please shoot me a PM with your address and I'll have em off to you in a jiffy.

As it's trials for kits I'll be putting together the deal would be staying in touch as to how your projects went, success, failures ect...

just for cost of postage gotta limit it to 5 plates, maybe two left unspoken for if the people interested above are still keen!

DId anyone like this mushroom? I thought it tasted pretty shite.

loved it! found that they tasted best fried on a high heat

• Like 1

noperz. nice nutty taste. We had them growing in our garden so could harvest them quite young and firm.

post-7450-0-04950500-1339980636_thumb.jp

post-7450-0-04950500-1339980636_thumb.jpg

post-7450-0-04950500-1339980636_thumb.jpg

Would be keen on a culture of this one mate, preferably on an expandable culture ready to add to mulch. Maybe some of your excellent dowels?

I will be without my bench and other ways to expand so happy to pay for your extra trouble.

Send me a pm and we'll work something out.

oh well i gave up waiting for someone to message me and bought an expensive kit from QLD on the interwebs. Maybe i can save some aside and propogate some spawn.

Sent you a pm yesterday seachangeau...just sent out the first round of plates...a few more free to good homes ;-)

couple more plates almost ready to go for the last few people that have PM'd me!

They'll be in the post by mid next week.

That'll have to do for posting them off free, if there is good results from the trials the strains will be available cheap to anyone wanting to grow them :-)

• Like 1

hi all, my first post!

i recently bought this:

http://www.fungi.net.au/grow_your_own_mushrooms/shop/white-button-mushroom-kit-11.html

and im wondering if its any good, because from what ive read across the internet some strains are aggressive and pretty unkillable whereas some are weak and slow, ive also seen forums that describe some strains being smaller/paler/less delicious while some describe gigantic delicious burgandy wonders.

has anyone grown these bad boys from fungi.net.au out?

im new to growing mushies, ive got some P. eryngii bum ends from an asian grocer mycelliating pretty well on boiled then cooled egg carton shreds in a chinese take-away box, but considering how new i am to all of this i think something like SRA might be a safer bet for a n00b, i just hope i got one of the tougher strains :s

Arrived today omsource Thanks!

Pleasure! Sorry on the delay, had to grow out an extra plate for you

omsource! The SRA culture I received from you started fruiting today! Fantastic!

Timeline was as followed:

- early July, agar wedge on birdseed/vermiculite

- early August added woodchips

- early September, spawned outdoor woodchip-pile

- pins in Feb.

post-6036-0-49304600-1359764441_thumb.jp

post-6036-0-49304600-1359764441_thumb.jpg

post-6036-0-49304600-1359764441_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

omsource! The SRA culture I received from you started fruiting today! Fantastic!

Timeline was as followed:

- early July, agar wedge on birdseed/vermiculite

- early August added woodchips

- early September, spawned outdoor woodchip-pile

- pins in Feb.

Awesome work satyr!

I had my money on that culture, glad to see it's been proven to fruit! So hard to prove a SRA culture as they're hard to fruit indoors.

Your patch looks like it's been cased? What did you use as the substrate make-up

• Like 1