The Corroboree
Sassman

Any Meets in Brisbane Planned??

Just wandering if there were any meets in brisbane that happened regularly or if there was anything planned in the near future?? Always keen to meet new peeps...

• Like 3

I'm happy to join in on the fun :) saves me the drive to Sydney!

A few of us are planning to meet at the Nimbin Mardi Grass this year. Not too far from home.

Send a PM to vual

Cheers

Is there a normal BrisVega's meet though? Maybe we should organise a once a month thing? I will be there every month ;)

• Like 1

Im planning to bump this thread for the next month, everyday until people are keen :P

• Like 1

I'm on the cold ghost I farking hate nimbin but would go to a Brisbanus meet for sure

• Like 1

I visit the coast regularly as mentioned so thats three....(Brissy or the coast would be fine for a meet..depending on where the rest of us are...)

I say this every time a meet comes up but this time I'll be keen

Brissy or the coast would be fine for a meet..depending on where the rest of us are...)

Maybe have a vote so to speak on what is closer for people?

I'm about 4 hour's from Brisbane lol but would be more then happy to make the drive

A few ppl are usually keen for the sunny coast ones and that would be my vote but id probably also be keen to make the trip to brissy

Bump ;)

EDIT.... What about a camping trip inbetween the two or something?

Edited by Rumple Foreskin

the sunny coast is a bit of a trek for me as there is little Public transport up there and I dont drive. So if it were up there I would need a lift up and back from a brissy local... also I work and have a kid full time so a regular daytime meet is good for me. Camping for a weekend is a big effort for me with my schedule... we plan such stuff well in advance here as my partner works as a solicitor and we are busy as hell with both of us in school and working.... Keen as mustard through....

Brisbane use to be AE terratory as such....

But now there are so many brisbane SAB members i reckon we should have a "monthly" meet type thing.....

If you check out AE forums you will see there are regular brisbane meets by those guys.

There is a meet in 1 week time at Nimbin, next week end, half way for NSW and QLD guys, and its happening at the "2012 Mardi Grass" maybe should make a thread about this... its own thread?? dont know what the plan is for the meet, maybe there will be a good lecture or talk at mardi grass we can attend i will be bringing my seed collection with me for trading and maybe some cactus cuttings for trade / gifts etc...

I really suggest those who have next weekend free to go to Nimbin Mardi Grass, camping is 50-75$ for the 3 days or so and tickets to the "mardi gras hemp olymics and lectures and ball and such" is $50 for a gold pass.

The local HHH shop likes to sell some plants you will not find at a shop anywhere else in australia, those who never have been will be plesently suprised at what is on sale......

Really cant wait, i must say i hate nimbin also but a long time tradition makes me go back every year.

A pace to meet in brisbane would be the Mt Cotha Botanical Gardens can show each other our secret plant findings in there....

I cant think of any where else to hold a once a month meet other then the gardens , where else would be a good brisbane location?

I like the sound of a monthly brisbane meet though count me in.

nimbin meet thread: http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=31869

Edited by vual

Lady Maria Pastora can be found hanging out at the said shop in Vuals post on odd occaision for those of you who have been seeking her assistance...

nimbin tommorow :) woot woot, im keen for brisbane or gold cost for future meets...

• Like 1

I'm keen to hit something up, haven't really been active much on here lately..but now the weather's warming up, sort of :-)

is it? today was the coldest day brisbane has had in four years. my car was covered in ice.

• Like 1

The morning was frigging cold but the day has been sweet.

I'm keen for a meet.

• Like 1

wasn't too long ago somebody was offering to hold a meet at their house. never to be seen on the forums again, lol.

i propose saturday 2pm at mt coot tha, a few weeks from now.

in the past, what was the actual gathering point? without a better idea i'd suggest we drive onto the ring road, to the top of the hill where i think there are parking spaces, toilets, and shady tables overlooking everything. i'll bring some vanuatu liquid soap to share.

• Like 1

kool, i been looking to get more involved and meet you good people too =) im in brisbane and im in also!

If we can nail down a date with at least a week's notice, I can be there for sure..I'll bring some beer or something?