The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Thelema

violence as spirituality

here's a shot ov nottingham castle

notting.jpg

it's built on top ov a hill w/sheer cliff sides.

at the base there is a pub built onto a cave in the hill side. it's one ov the oldest pubs in england--1169.

"ye olde trip to jerusalem"

pub.jpg

Great pictures and info.

I can just imagine tossing back a few brews at the pub and then resting in secure splendor from the perilous world in the castle after feasting on fire roasted wild boar.

Might take a few target shots with a crossbow at the height of the drunken merrymaking in homage to the spirit of Robin who made his own notable spiritual response to violence.

Hey! I've been to that pub.. Great place and what a lovely homebrewn ale they've got..

it is indeed a top pub, & devance the history(ov violence--'the olde trip to jerusalem'

being the crusades to which it is contemporary) drips from the cave walls

---arms & armour, flags & standards--all strewn about in a haphazard junk shop manner.

should definately be in the top 5 ov "things to do in Merry England" ---dunno about the homebrew though :shudders:

[ 08. February 2005, 07:13: Message edited by: nabraxas ]

i feel almost guilty that such a long post should result from a half-baked idea that was meant tongue-in-cheek.

Theres too many people in the world already, learn to defend youself properly and teach the people a lesson, if you get in the first strike theres a million and one combinations to put someone down and out, then the chances of his mates wanting to try as well is almost non existant

far out, some angry people about!!

(is this what legals do to you?)

You trying to start some thing ? :P

an interesting integration of violence as "awakened awareness" is in the film Dead Man. Also some good Bill Blake poetry too.

But honestly, for heavens sake, violence? We can try better than that.

That's the end of the line ! (Machine) Got any tobacco ? LOL

every night and every morn

some to Misery are born

every morn and every night

some are born to sweet Delight

some are born to sweet Delight

some are born to endless Night

also if u like dead man, personally i think the follow-up (sort of), Ghost Dog, is better. Better music, by the RZA. Even has Gary Farmer as an Indian again, saying "stupid fucking white man" again

i dont know, i just was really moved by Ghost Dog. Maybe another example of violence as "spirituality".

in ghost dog, Mr Dog is also marked as a dead man (and also dies)... in this case, he consciously brings his "death while living" into being, by following samurai code, the gist of some of which goes, "a samurai must live every day as if he is already dead."

In the original Dead Man, Depp is marked as the dead man by a bullet wound that will be fatal... and the indian Nobody sees he is already dead, or inevitably dying, and is almost like his personal shaman or guide to death, in a violent world...

Ghost Dog on the other hand, because of his own near death experience, decides to "regard himself" as dead. So he is another Dead Man - but he is his own guide.

I give these films two thumbs up. My wife gives them 1 and a half thumbs up, giving an average of 1 and three-quarters thumbs up, today on the Shaman Australis Movie Show. Be sure to tune in next week!

violence begets violence. When in a situation of violence, don't respond to provocations. Ie; Q)wanna fight? A)hows the stockmarket going? / thats a nice shirt / are you alright? this way aggressors do not take you attention and lead your mind. Instead you take their attention and lead their mind, people will not attack unless they have your attention/fear on the same wavelength.