The Corroboree
myco

WANTED : bulk trich and loph seeds

hey all

im loooking at buying a fairly large amount of trich and loph seeds

PM me or post here if you can help

thanks guys :)

i also need 100 seeds myco so if ya wanted to factor that in and on sell a few im sure a few members will buy em off you....

chasing williamsii

http://www.koehres-k...th/1_364/page/9

secrets out :P

bottom of the page to this link, mischung - meaning mixed. I do believe it is what a certain member on this forum has been unloading en'masse over the last year.

He seems to have pretty good reviews for them too.

Now Im not advocating you do this - as it is illegal, But i have heard that with a few kind words they may be sent discreetly to Austraia. I think the guy recieving them had them unlabelled and the parcel marked as birthday gift - hobby material - no commercial value. And even though i think your chances of them being intercepted are extremely slim ( dont ask me how i know ! ) and if they are somehow intercepted,the most you will probably recieve is a confiscation notice - on the other hand - you may become the target of a huge investigation and have the swat team breaking down your door with guns drawn.

Risk vs reward they say.

Anyway - that's all i have to offer !

koehres rocks !!!!! B)

Edited by tipz
  • Like 1

koehres is no good for loph seed into australia ive had many confiscations by customs ordering from them and nice letters in the mail advising such and such is naughty and scheduled to import, but hey one never knows there luck with those efficient folk in customs protecting our borders...one may just get there seeds shipped on a half ass lazy customs cant be stuffed checking this parcel monday! but buyer be wary there are prosecution penaltys if they do wish to prosecute and seed confiscation which is a strict no refund policy for the amount spent on goods from customs!

Edited by applesnail

LOL - the guy i know recieved 11 packets in succession with no intercepts - and some contained over 12000 seeds ! :wink:

But yeah - your probably right ! Its not worth losing your thirty dollars for a 1000 quality seeds on the 5-10 percent chance you will lose your monaey and get a 'naughty naughty' letter in the mail.

Edited by tipz
  • Like 3

doesnt take much creativity..

Kohres has good service and are willing to accomodate these needs.

All different types of cactus seeds the range is crazy.

• Like 1

stop tempting me tipz haha

fuck i dont think i can handle the temptation should i shouldnt i fuck i just dont know :BANGHEAD2:

all good - The guy I am talking about is over the crazy amount of trades he has had to deal with, and he believes that plants should not be monopolised.

He told me that he is happy for the truth to be out there for all to enjoy.

No need to apologise to me spacemonk.... or the guy i know :P

(edit) and Myco, I am a man of my word... everything stated above is fact. You have to make your own decisions. I have always been a gambling man. But if you want to risk losing your thirty dollars and get a little blue letter, then best you dont even consider it ;) send bettina or gerhard an email and have a chat with them. They are very nice people. And i do believe they are not breaking any laws by sending them to Australia.

Peace - tipz

Edited by tipz

this is just to much

i think i'd rather pay 3 times the amount just so i dont have to worry about importing them

or should i hahahaha

whatever you decide to do, dont state your decision on a public forum as that woud be self incriminating.

If you would like some advice - just pm me.

And one last thing to say on the matter. Are trich seeds even a schedued import ? they have great seed not only for trich and lophs, but look at the massive variety of completely legal imports they have available. Where do you think all the seed on various sites and ebay e.t.c come from ?

Most are from kohres I would say, or knize. I sound like a sales rep, but if you are a cactophile, then kohres is definately something you want to look into.

Ok ill go now - I may be pissing off many seed distributors :innocent_n: - sorry

The cats been out of the bag a while on KK, theres plenty if you UTSE, not all good I'm afraid, but ike Tipz says way up all the options. But its true his prices can't be beat, quality of product & service...

http://www.shaman-au...showtopic=26942

Plenty more like that if you UTSE

Maybe our US friend Zelly for button cactus seeds?

As to legality of importing Trich seed, I do'nt think its illegal but I would check CITES & make sure it meets AQIS standards. Cites does'nt apply to cultivars or hybrids.

Edited by shruman

this is just to much

i think i'd rather pay 3 times the amount just so i dont have to worry about importing them

or should i hahahaha

ok - well maybe this guy will get just one more letter sent over.... how many do you want ? 10,000 ? you can give him 570 euros and he will buy them for 190 euros and send them to you for a dollar !

No worries there ! :P

Edited by tipz
  • Like 1

i considered this a while ago and the thought of doing it drove me nuts and i decided not to in the end

now the thought is in my head again this is gonna drive me crazy

some tricho species are not permitted, strange hey but it's true. Dont know the reasoning behind it.

Here´s the thing. I know people who import seeds on a regular basis. No Australians, most of them are living in the US. Lophophora sp is CITES I. That means strictly protected species that needs a Phyto Certificate when something from the EU enters your market; even for the seeds. Plants need CITES Paper as well. If they get you once, pretty much nothing happens. You pay a fine and thats it. If they get you REGULARLY, fines go up to 50.000 bucks and jailtime. If you have a business or something like this, a few big imports without papers within two or three months can ruin you. Thats the law in germany and im sure you have something similar in Australia because CITES is a worldwide thing. Not talking about the seeds. They are gone no matter what. And i wasnt even speaking about your Australian Quarantine and Customs laws. Thats a whole other story.

Tipz, im glad your friend had such success getting good seeds. But if he never had a parcel confiscated, he may not be aware of what can happen if they get him more than once. There is a difference between species that are protected by CITES I and CITES II. All Trichos are CITES II and protection status only applies for plants. I wouldnt be concerned about CITES II but everything from the category CITES I would make all my alarm bells go crazy.

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 1

EG you are factually correct in every way here and i will not argue the point. It is also your role as mod to fully inform others about the consequences of illegal actions and to dissaude them from doing so.

I am sorry if I have seemed to encourage this practice. As if you read between the lines that is what it seems i was doing. But of course, my intentions are pure :)

But if he never had a parcel confiscated, he may not be aware of what can happen if they get him more than once

On that note, my friend is not silly. The first time it is easy to plead ignorance. The second time is informed and plannned breaking of the law. One would be very foolish to try again after recieving a warning.

Yeah i have no problems with people taking risks. Depending on the situation your in, it might be worth it. Just felt like people need to know the part with CITES as well. They can be a pain in the Ass. Its important that something like CITES exists because not one single species that was put under CITES Status became extinct (according to their own Statements) but they make things for cactus growers a whole lot more difficult and there definately is some kind of risk anytime a CITES I species is involved.

Edited by Evil Genius

It's legal to import most of the Trichocereus/Echinopsis species you grow into Australia. Trichocereus are not CITES - I so the trade of seed is unrestricted and most species are permitted by AQIS. Even hybrids can be labeled and imported the right way. Those few species which are not allowed or listed can be re-labeled as a species that is allowed.

Amusingly it's harder to legally import Trichocereus seed into the US than to Australia.

EG: How come some EU vendors won't ship any CITES I cactus seed outside of the EU except Lophophora?