The Corroboree

This was just for a bit of fun. I really like the original game music. It is from a master system game called Battle Outrun, which is a spinoff of the Sega arcade game Outrun. I possibly could have done something better with this if I had more time, but just wanted to get something down. I thought the Europop sound went quite well with the uplifting tone of the music.

Edited by ballzac
  • Like 1

now do secret of mana.

Here's an awesome site if you didn't know already, they may accept your song as a 're'mix but their judges are pretty picky now.

www.ocremix.org

Do top gear next :D

• Like 1

I'll have to check out that site, thanks for posting :)

songs to check out in order by time in vid:

A huge incentive for remixing (or rearranging) video game music is the nostalgia of working with stuff I remember from my childhood, so I really don't have an interest in using music from games I didn't play, however good the music. There are some tracks from goldeneye64 that would be awesome to do. I get the desire to do something really funky with the "Control" music every time I play it, but I think it would be quite difficult to do it justice.

• Like 1

fair enough.

i recommend playing a secret of mana rom on snes emulator...

loving the old school arcade games, definite nostalgia.

post-9576-0-33791600-1329747462_thumb.jp

post-9576-0-33791600-1329747462_thumb.jpg

post-9576-0-33791600-1329747462_thumb.jpg

fair enough.

i recommend playing a secret of mana rom on snes emulator...

Thanks for the recommendation man. I'm looking for old-school games to play at the moment. When I was little, my sister got her way and we ended up with a Master System. While I loved a lot of the games on it and have a lot of fond memories, I also kind of felt left out because all of my friends had NESs. To this day, when people reminisce about video games of their youth they're usually talking about the NES or the SNES, and I can't help still having that feeling that I missed out on something, lol. So anyway, a lot of the Nintendo games I've never actually played before, and even the ones I had I had only played a level or two. You know what it's like, when you're ten years old or so, you go to a friends house and watch them play and they never let you have a go, lol. So I've been playing a lot of NES games lately and pretty impressed. Contra has absolutely blown me away. It's damn hard, but unlike a game like ninja gaiden which is difficult because of its annoying idiosyncracies, Contra is absolutely smooth gameplay but it's hard because there are a fuckload of bullets coming at you from everywhere and its one hit deaths.

I have emulators set up on XBMC live. It's pretty awesome. You open up advanced launcher and there are thumnails showing the original box of each system, so you just click on the thumnail of the system you want to play and it takes you to another set of thumbnails, this time for the games. I've got this set up on a 55 inch screen, and the 8 bit graphics look pretty awesome on it. You can get just about any controller with a usb connector (or get an adaptor) so with a decent usb hub you could have every concievable controller plugged in and just pick up the relevant one when you want to play the game. Not sure if they all work with linux though.

I get the desire to do something really funky with the "Control" music every time I play it, but I think it would be quite difficult to do it justice.

Almost two years later, I finally got around to doing this. I wish I had more time to mix it up a bit, but wanted to get it done in a couple of hours and get back to more important things.

Edited by ballzac
  • Like 1

I have an Android phone with SNESoid emulator - I play SNES games on my phone all the time, MarioKart works a treat :-) All these 'high quality graphics', 'low quality game play' phone games are crap compared to SNES on a phone. I prefer Mario over flinging chickens...

Nice tunes ballz :) If you have a smart phone (and by that I mean not one that's named after a fruit) then you can get awesome game emulators...

I have an Android phone with SNESoid emulator - I play SNES games on my phone all the time, MarioKart works a treat :-) All these 'high quality graphics', 'low quality game play' phone games are crap compared to SNES on a phone. I prefer Mario over flinging chickens...

Nice tunes ballz :) If you have a smart phone (and by that I mean not one that's named after a fruit) then you can get awesome game emulators...

Unfortunately, my phone is a hand-me-down from when my girlfriend upgraded from crapple to an htc1.

• Like 1

She made a wise move - upgrade girlfriend 1.0 to wife 1.0, you may get less sex, but you'll be able to claim half the phone as yours and play games instead :)