The Corroboree
slayertat

Fully grown viridis

I'd think that though would come down to the sentimental value to who ever you are buying from

very slow growing tree and a fully grown one to an aussie grower is probably priceless.

I think they would be a worth a pretty penny though!

how big and strong is a fully grown viridis anyway have only seen juvi's up close and personal

anyways good luck if your are on the hunt for one

or pm me if you have one you would like to part with :P

cheers

dan

They are free. Just go to South America and rip one out of the Amazon.

Edit: LOL, nevermind :)

Edited by Psylo Dread
  • Like 1

Is it planted in your front yard ?

Careful the local neighbourhood Peruvians don't snatch it.

Put it on E-Bay, let the people decide on it's worth.

• Like 3

May i see some pics, and i will say what i personally would pay

i wish ppl would stop putting a price on nature!! I see to many dollars signs and ppl trying to capitalise from plants a major dislike i have...they feed us oxygen at no expense and to many ppl see dollar signs the sadness of world gone mad to the dollar... just my hippie chant ppls!

Edited by applesnail
  • Like 2

So can I come to your house and help myself to some of your plants ?

It won't be many, just a ute full

and perhaps a small trailer. :innocent_n:

• Like 2

no i would call that theft but if you knocked on my door and glady asked, i would be more then happy to give someone cuts of plants for free,if i had spare, as this happened to me recently from a fellow i knocked upon his door to admire his cacti and say hello he was quite generous in dealings there was no mention of money just good old fashioned honest handshake and wonderful chat.....(oh a full grown viridis over 6feet tall that can be propagated by leaf cuttings that would be a goldmine)and the lesson in patience watching them grow priceless!

Edited by applesnail
  • Like 2

I was only asking, well what do i say instead? can i just have some of your virdis? sounds like he wants to sell it

• Like 1

no i would call that theft

Not theft, I asked you !

Ok lets say one ute full only, no trailer.

That's my final offer.

• Like 1

yeah thats cool why not bring a tandem i only grow daisys & daffodils and sunflowers....and pumpkins for soup,im a hippie remember new age on the health kick with a floral garden of yellow sunshine it reminds me of the submarine!So no wah yr welcome to help yrself psylo!

• Like 1

Sweet ! I love hippies.

I would also like a hand to 'unload' when I get home, so can I borrow your wi... ah never mind, the plants will do

This will be applesnail's yard tomorrow afternoon. I'm even going to take the moisture from his earth !

arid%20desert$.jpg

@slayertat, you should list your Chacruna for $1000 in the classifieds.

• Like 1

this guys feeerny ^^^

can you leave me one sunflower for my desert oasis it looks alittle dull and i may need some shade!...put $2500k on the chacruna on ebay alongside the barrel of golden lophs! some amazonian shaman might sell his shares in microsoft or apple and buy it back!

it might be an easier task to propagate your full grown plant into smaller cuttings, that way people from all over the country could purchase from you/trade with you with realistic postage options, your plants genes will be spread around and you would very likely recieve back some cool trades, not to mention you would be able to keep a smaller version of the plant for yourself. would be far easier to price plants of the size that generally get traded aswell. just my 2 cents.

dio

Ok so heres the story, I have grown these two plants for 7 plus years, with much trial. I will attach pics. They were extremely hard to get to adulthood and therefore have become very dear too me. I had a back yard with lots of huge trees and I live next door to park that had Huge trees running along my fence line. this created the perfect environment for my babies. So the council comes one day and cuts down all the tres on the park near our boundary ( great for our drainange as the leopard trees were destroying our gutters and drainage pipes). My wife decides to also cut down the tres in the back yard so we can grow grass (Lawn Lol). This leaves my trees exposed to fucking sun! Get shadecloth I hear you say? My wife is RE-doing the backyard and insists she doesnt want some huge ugly shadecloth contraption in our nice new yard just for my silly trees. So I want to sell them. I want to sell rather to give away beacause they mean alot to me and I dont really want to part with them and its taken alot to grow them. Also I figure someone who would pay a fair some would take good care of them. One is alot smaller as one I moved house the pot slipped out of my hand and landed on her head snapping her in half but with lots of TLC I brought her back. Pic is a crap pic I took with phone they are hiding behind only tree in my yard, attched a pic when they were youngsters too

post-1097-1192315850_thumb.jpg

msg-1097-0-07277000-1328351619_thumb.jpg

post-1097-1192315850_thumb.jpg

msg-1097-0-07277000-1328351619_thumb.jpg

Edited by slayertat

Sounds like it's time for divorce. :slap:

Which city are you in ?

• Like 1

I have grown these two plants for 7 plus years, with much trial. They were extremely hard to get to adulthood and therefore have become very dear too me.. My wife decides to also cut down the tres in the back yard so we can grow grass (Lawn Lol). This leaves my trees exposed to fucking sun! Get shadecloth I hear you say? My wife is RE-doing the backyard and insists she doesnt want some huge ugly shadecloth contraption in our nice new yard just for my silly trees

You cant put a dollar value on something like that, you know, since you have nurtured them for so long. If i were you, i would try and compromise with your wife. Isn't it your back yard too ?!

:)

That's pretty harsh of your wife slayer. Did she really call them 'silly' trees? I would slap a ho...but she's your wife......................and not a ho.

Well, the going rate seems to be $1.00 per cm plus postage.....so work out the height...and it should give you an indication of the price you're likely to get. I'm pretty keen man. PM me if you are willing to post these babies.

Edited by EntheoAssassin

I am sure slayertat is just trying to keep the peace with his wife. Nice!!!. but yeah, I am big on compromising.

Damn shame slayer. If you are in Sydney I can find a good home for them where they will be accessible by you (and the rest of the public) but perfectly safe and well cared for.

Edited by whitewind

If I was you to save yr viridis,build a appealing shade house enviroment,with some trestle etc,so its sexy to the female eyes,that way you can keep both beloveds happy the plants and the wife..

• Like 1