The Corroboree
Ambient

Huge bucket of ebay lophs

7, 8 and 9th of September 2012

Blankenberge, Belgium . Ask your club about it. There are clubs that come by bus.

Growers mostly from Belgium, France, UK, Germany, Holland.

There are also always speakers.

When I was 22, I went there with 500 euro, put my trunk FULL of cacti. Put 2/3 on Ebay (still legal back then), kept 1/3. Earned a lot of money ... helped me going to travel overseas.

I used to have a huge collection .. but I was punished for my greed, a disease came in through some cacti and destroyed tons of super old ariocarpi and lophophora's :(.

Yeah i remember you mentioned it. What kind of disease was it? Just sprayed my whole collection with Confidor. Sometimes, you gotta use chemical warfare to get them through if you buy on a regular basis.

Edited by Evil Genius

It was something orange that spread and spread and spread during the years and killed almost killed everything including big lophophora crest and my special lophoturbina's. Tried all kinds of chemicals and natural killers ... I'm still frustrated about it.

I still have at least one implosion a year though ... does anyone know why that happens to lopho's? It also happens to friends of mine their lopho's.

Every year I take them out, clean them until root, check, put product on pots and cacti and change soil.

Btw, they grow the most during winter hehe

Sounds like Orange Rot. You should be able to get it under control with Anti Fungal Chemicals. I´ve always thought it would be mostly a problem in smaller lophs. I heard that most Lophs are pretty much immune once they´ve reached a certain size. Well, i guess it also depends on general health of the plants. An Infection like Orange Rot can only prevail when there is an imbalance within the soil or the growing conditions. So maybe plants had a lack of nutrients, too much or too few air humidity, spidermites, etc. If one or two of those problems come up, they act like an invitation for Orange Rot. Its the same principle why people with Aids suffer more oftenly from Fungal Infections. They just dont have the immune system to fight back. Of course you need to check plants very closely for outbreaks. If you have orange rot on one of your plants, divide it from the others and treat it. Insecticide just in case it has Spidermites or mealies AND Anti-Fungal. Plus the other things you can do like giving nutrients and such. bye Eg

The seller has put up a heap more lophs !

If my hunch is correct- this would be the bloke that scooped a steal from ebay on a mass purchase of lophs and now he is splitting them up and going for a big profit.

This is the purchase linked here http://www.ebay.com....=item1e695e4de9

Good work... I would be doing the same thing too, although I would probably be asking a realistic price. But in all honesty, good luck to them. ( Im betting he is a member on here too B) )

He has some cool other items too :)

EDIT ( then again I may be completely wrong )

Edited by tipz

haha he spelled rare as "rear" like 4 times hahahaha yes im imature :)

Does anyone know if he had sold the "huge bucket" yet?

Someone should do the "ask question" at the botton of his sales page ;)

it seems people on ebay with overpriced lophs cant spell

THE MANE HEAD

hahaha