The Corroboree
Stillman

Established Private cacti garden

Well had the chance to visit an excellent private cacti garden today, some of the collection was a good 30 years old, the owner has had a recent leg injury so in his own words had neglected his collection but GOD I just thought it was a beautiful place. I got a stack of bits and pieces and learnt a fair bit from having a good chat about propagating from seed and graft. I will hopefully get back out there at the start of spring.

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

• Like 4

:o

:drool2: would love to have the time, money and space for that!!!

Great find, nice photo's

Thanks!

Chef

the photos don't do it justice he has a massive collection. A bit of everything.

Private garden indeed! More like a private botanical preserve.

Thank you soooo much for sharing.

The pics of the block walls below grade reminded me of a GH a buddy had who lived in in an area that snows every winter. His had a much more pitched roof, but with the bulk of his GH below grade, he didnt have to worry about heating the GH.

i love the look on the lil fella's face next to the massive tall ones.. looks inpressed lol

• Like 1

Yeah he wasn't keen on getting in the photo but I needed something or someone for scale thats some sort of big pachycereus on the left and the yellow thing was just a monster it was about 5 metres tall just one big column. I was thinking next time I will take my video camera and see if he will let me take some images because there was some really amazing things out there. He had a Lophoroph shottii monstrose that had formed like a hedge, was selling big thick rooted 30cm pieces for 30 dollars. For some reason I didn't jump on it. But I think I was really overwhelmed because everywhere there was something amazing. My biggest problem when going out to places lkike that is I don't automatically see something and recognise what it is. Obviously certain things jump out at me but he no doubt had some stuff that was rare as hens teeth that I just looked straight through. Anyway all of them will be at the June/ july cacti meeting at the botanical gardens I am going this year for sure.

What cacti meeting? Im in coffs harbour and there is none of the sort near by? if i was going to go to one where would be the best bet? BrisVegas?

I dunno mate I'm sure there would be some association or club near you. I'm not in the Queensland cacti association yet But I'm going to join, there are just too many good contacts not to be a part of it.

Hey Stillman epic photos of his collection its quite the assortment of cacti! Just wondering where this cacti meeting in June/July is being held? Is that in the Sydney botanic gardens or am I in the wrong state?

nice!