The Corroboree
Halcyon Daze

Total Lunar Eclipse tonight

Shit it's already happening! Full on, go out n have a look. the best one I've ever seen. :o

• Like 1

Shit it's already happening! Full on, go out n have a look. the best one I've ever seen. :o

Yep the moon is half gone here ..forgot i read it in the paper this morning, thought i was trippin --:)

Unlucky this year for me it seems. Been cloudy for a few hours. :/

yeh its nearly completely covered by the earths shadow now

once its covered it will turn red :devil:

• Like 1

Yup, looking pretty epic right now, here's the times:

Times for Australia

The eclipse will occur on Saturday evening in Australia. Eastern Daylight Saving Time (+11:00 UTC)

Penumbral Eclipse Begins: 22:33:32 EDST

Partial Eclipse Begins: 23:45:42 EDST

Total Eclipse Begins: 01:06:16 EDST

Greatest Eclipse: 01:31:49 EDST

Total Eclipse Ends: 01:57:24 EDST

Partial Eclipse Ends: 03:17:58 EDST

Penumbral Eclipse Ends: 04:30:00 EDST

Yeah wow! Watching it now, very cool. If your still up go check it out!

can see it here nice clear sky :-)

wish i had a better zoom lens

this is about the best i could do :)

gallery_7473_484_87894.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks for posting that myco I’m going to save it and claim I took the pic (I hope that’s ok). :innocent_n:

I promised my 5 year old daughter I would take some pics but after turning the house upside down for half an hour looking for my tripod I tried to take some pics without it and just ended up with a blurry orange blob :BANGHEAD2:

Cheers

Got

I had pretty awesome day. But i did manage a squint at the moon. Seeems as so i chose pretty damn good time to be verticle!!

Myco, thanks for sharing. Kinda wish i captured something now. :unsure:

also, above post makes no logic :BANGHEAD2:

Edited by eatfoo

Fuckn forgot about until I left my mates house at 1:30am... devastated I missed it as it was a suprisingly clear night given Sydney's shit weather past 2 weeks.

Had fond memories a few years back watching the whole visible process start to finish with chang spliffs.

1:30 was right at the best part.

Nice photo Myco, I got some too but they are a bit blurry.

Disappointed I missed most of it... there was a thunderstorm last night here, so I couldnt see it until about 2am, and by then it was nearly over. I like myco's picture - Reminds me of a similar occasion to what Indigosunrise was talking about, except I was at a doof in the middle of nowhere with smoke machines and a light show to go with it B)

Thanks for posting that myco I’m going to save it and claim I took the pic (I hope that’s ok). :innocent_n:

I promised my 5 year old daughter I would take some pics but after turning the house upside down for half an hour looking for my tripod I tried to take some pics without it and just ended up with a blurry orange blob :BANGHEAD2:

Cheers

Got

hahaha go for it its all good :)

thanks guys

wish i coulda got a better shot but its all good

(i do photography so im pretty damn picky with my shots haha)

it didnt turn out to bad though i guess

We went to the top of Tambourine mountain - just clouds all the way everywhere. Unfortunate, I was looking forward to seeing my first eclipse.

Last night was awesome, I saw the whole thing clear as a bell with my awesome gf by my side . She even chewed some of my favorite ceremonial leaves with me for the occasion. It was an incredibly beautiful experience and I even got some great pics to remember it.

Sorry if you missed it, hope these help cheer you up.

Peace

TL eclipse .bmp

blue moon dr.bmp

TL eclipse .bmp

blue moon dr.bmp

TL eclipse .bmp

blue moon dr.bmp

ah fuck, i always miss these things.

is there a simple website that tells when these things occur in australia?? i have looked but only been able to find ones for the northern hemisphere. otherwise one has to pay close attention to the news, which i don't really like to do.

is there a simple website that tells when these things occur in australia?? i have looked but only been able to find ones for the northern hemisphere. otherwise one has to pay close attention to the news, which i don't really like to do.

totally agree, ever since I dumped the telly, quit facebook and disconnected the phone I don't hear 'bout nothin' no more! I only noticed this by fluke and when I looked outside it had already started.

I guess that's why we love our forums.