The Corroboree
Bretloth

Possums eat peyote.

You couldn't stay angry at a puppy! Turkeys might make the table though lol. Yeah, all apart of it, fun and games lol. Cheers Altenate, kind of makes me feel better in a strange cacti gets one back kinda way :)

One of the chickens jumped the fence the other day. I found it lying there torn half apart by the dog, yet it was still alive. Maybe that’s a funny story that everyone would want to hear about as well?

Anyway, Australian native mammals are stupid, we are all perfectly aware of it. But it doesn’t mean you can go around treating them like flies! We’ve raped this land enough as it is. Just have a little respect for the native ecosystem, that’s all I’m saying.

Peace

Then that's what you should have said, and take a joke man shit. :wink:

(Negging this? Oh fucking grow up.)

Edited by Bretloth
  • Like 1

Possums are a pest in suburban areas. And if you have older style houses in QLD they always seem to manage to "nest in the roof". I really hate them, I don't kill them or move them. But I do hate them. I used to grow alot of habaneo for sauce and I had to net the whole thing due to them eating new shoots and flowers but never the fruit lol.

DSCF4837.jpg

DSCF4833.jpg

my point I guess is a high strenth chilli spray may mellow the little bastards out either on the cacti or on the possums..

• Like 1

Cheers man, going to make a spray deterent up to put on the pots of my trichos just incase the little bastard has gotten a taste for cacti, can't cage them in. Chilli is a good idea, would work on most animals i'd imagine. And before anyone gets on their moral high horse, I actually volunteer for land care, have for years, creating nature pathways to protect native fauna, I find that more effective than bitching on the internet, so don't give me any shit. My cacti in my yard will be protected, and that's the fucking end of it. :)

Edited by Bretloth
  • Like 2

chilli won't do any permanent damage to them it will just teach them not to touch your nice stuff so very humane I think.

• Like 1

maybe if you left some other food out for them . Perhaps they are doing it hard at the moment for their usual food ?

• Like 1

I don't think so bro. Been pretty good up here this year, lots of rain. Heaps of stuff about for them too eat, my yard has three fruit trees all with fruit, an apricot tree full of ripe fruit. Nieghbors have tons too, the bush is at the end of the block. Heaps about. Pretty sure it's more a curiosity thing. Don't seem to actually eat whole peyotes or anything, more tasting them. Lots of damage though. Also gets into my mammilarias i've noticed. Nothing on the trichos yet thankfully. Pretty sure it's just curiosity. :)

Edited by Bretloth

If you put food out, they may become conditioned to return to that spot next time they are hungry.

And yeah, I had a really nice peruvianus have a big bite taken out, as well as an M. Geometrizans. Hopefully the same doesn't happen to you Bretloth, but I wouldn't leave it to chance if I were you!

Just went out to have a look, little fucker has started on the tricho seedlings now. Big chunks taken out again. Fuckers got a taste for them now I think. Off to the hardware store, going to try a white oil, chilli and whatever else I can find spray, hopefully discourages the bastard.