The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Jambi

Plants for an Ethnobotanical Beginner

Hi, I'm a new member.

Total beginner when it comes to terrestrial plants, been growing aquatic plants for years though. My developing interest in shamanism and spirituality led me to this site. Would like to start with a few easy plants, outdoors, just outside the northern end of Melbourne.

Jambi

EDIT: posted in the wrong forum, bugger...was supposed to be in Ethnobotany :wacko:

Edited by Jambi

Brahmi might be a good crossover into terrestrial plants. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacopa_monnieri In face you may allready be growing it. I have seen it for sale in the local aquarium shop

Failing that cacti are so easy. Any of the trichs that we all grow round here are honestly very hard to kill. Unless you try and grow them aquatically LOL

Dont worry im sure a mod will move this to a better forum

Edited by El presidente Hillbillios

Some of the Singaporeans are growing Lophs & Astros aeroponicly Hillbilly.

Or theres Eurayale or Nelumbo

I have grown Bacopa sp. before, as an emergent plant it was pretty cool. Never grown any Nymphaea Lillys, they are pretty difficult to grow in aquariums, might be something to try outside this summer though.

Cactus eh? Anyone know of any good shops/suppliers around Melbourne? Would like some interesting Cacti. My girlfriend plans to grow an assortment of herbs and veg this coming year too. Cheers

Edited by planthelper

Gardenworld in Keysborough is worth a look.