The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
psycho0

rituals and prayers for tripping?

does anyone have any good rituals/ceremonies or prayers to use before and during an entheogenic experience to bring out the more spiritual aspect of the trip?

thanx aaron

I usually let the trip take me where I need to go.

that usually means, first I tackle the emotions then, the the mystical aspects of life become clear.... then look what you need to let go off in life, so you can make place , then hang on to the "mystical" & incorporate it into everyday life.

So first through the shit, then clean the shit off yourself, and watch the shit become a nutrient rich foundation :)

The prayers I learn on the trips. The prayers are there so that I can remember them when I am back into reality..... it's a feeling that I soak up during an ethno experience....

monotonous beating/tapping sounds, humming, whisteling.... usually patterns that I see, during trips.....

--------------------------------------------------

Only if I would have to introduce someone to the wonderfull world of "psychedelicrealms"/spirits/greatskyfather % earthmother,I'll usually just have a chat....

during trips, when I notice that I am full conscious of the power of words, I AUTO suggest to myself what I want to see.

--------------------------------------------------

hmmm, or at least something like that

i like salute to the sun,usually i do it for the intergration[union] i feel between my different aspects.especially it reassocites my body with my mind.there are so many aspects to it ,one can focus on which ever part seems useful at the time.

t s t .

I have studied many body postures , just by looking & reading through many yoga , tai chi and tantra books....

because of that , when i trip, I become aware quite easily of the positions& postures of the human body.....

what it reflects on, and also especially what your body wants to do during a trip...

i used to love the rave ritual. it really gets you going- i can't even listen to hard techno w/out ethno's- which shows their power.

i love the dancing, sweating, lights, beats, the buzz you get off a room full ov people ALL Ethno'd out their minds- ahhh, happy times.

these days the wife & i both prefer to stay in & explore tantric rituals/shiatsu while under the influence, w/some wicked beats from my own system.- mainly 'cus on the odd occasions we do take Ethno's they don't seem to MAKE you dance like they used to, & we're getting old ;>

now lsd is diff again. i have had some excellent nights raving on lsd alone, but in general i prefer to either meditate & let the lsd take me where-ever, or i like to watch films. you can "see" soo much more- subtextually, when you're tripping. terry giliham(?sp) directs some great stuff for this- brazil, jabberwocky, life ov brian. also- & i know it's a crummy film- but i must have seen "Dune" w/sting, about a dozen times- "THE SPICE IS LIFE" !love it!

be a little cautious watching some films under the influence - ali G 'indahouse' for instance could cause one to injure ones self ie rib cartilage tearing, falling from lounge, profuse crying, etc.

never seeen Life ov Brian....

I have heard many talk ov it... tell me Nabrax..

Sad? happy? Serious? deep?

Is there some critical Alien info subliminally put into that film for the further evolution of one's self....

Hey Nabraxas:) I was wondering how u found giving shiatsu in an altered state? Im a shiatsu practitioner and have given most treatments whilst sober, but was curious to see the effects of mild plant inebriation on my body use and intuition whilst treating someone.

In the past i have recieved reiki healing whilst all parties were shroomified, and found it to be very powerfully therapeutic:)

ok, business b4 pleasure- i would guess my shiatsu expeerience is probably similar to your reiki one. i believe that not only do psychedelics increase the amount ov chi energy flowing, but they also open the channels & meridians for it to flow more easily. this would be useful in remedial massage- but it's not in my scope. as shiatsu involves some passage ov energy from the masseur to the client, it can be draining, especially when tierd- i haven't found that to be so on ethno's.

as to life ov brian, it's funny, but not profound. i found jaberwocky to have much more in it, just little touches that spoke volumes- right from the fathers deathbed speach at the start. & the bit w/the princess waiting for her prince in the castle tower- a throwaway gag, but priceless when tripping.

Entheogens are great for making energy more accessable and visible and tactile and everything! It's great :D

I have them on my cereal.

RE: The Life of Brian, it's a monty python film! Need I say anymore. hehe

heh, I just saw my first Monthy phyton film 2 days ago.. "the meaning of life" SICK & TWISTED HUMOR.

brian- that really is sad. i don't know how old you are, but ALL the monty python films- 'And now for something completely different' through to 'The meaning of life' are among the most cerebrally funny, inventive & expensive british films made. the tradition continuing in terry gilliham's post-python films.

many ov the lines & routines have become classic memes, even incorporating themselves into dance music.(any trainspotters know the name ov the track w/the sample from life ov brian- "You can't have a baby- you're a man- Don't you opress me!")

gillihams vision is uniquely twisted- as can be seen best in "brazil" - & for any user ov ethnogens the 'alien influence' is blinding.

Nabrax I'm 26, Buts not sad! :D

whas that a whiff of good'ol brittish snobbery :D

kidding dude.....peace peace

no it's not sad that you're a youthful 26.

it's sad that you've denied yourself the mind expanding, rib tickling python humor for so long. i sound like i'm trying to convert you to a religeon :)

as for british snobbery- i'm an aussie now; & i think there is a difference 'tween being proud ov the cultural contributions ov ones motherland & plain snobbishness.

& as an aussi, if i sing the praises ov the best cricket team in the world- is that snobbish? or just a pride in my teams well recognised acheievements?

brian-the tone ov this post, & possibly the last one ov mine, comes across as more defensive/critical than i'd like it to- i'm not trying to be argumentative & i know you weren't either. the snobb thing probably hit closer to home than you realise(i went to a grammer school & had to get a bus 4 miles home through the comprehensive school bandit country- the fights, the taunts ov 'snob', 'stiff' etc; i guess it's one ov the few insults that really pushes those old buttons- sorry) - just hire some python films & enjoy

heheheh. sorry to hear that I pushed some OV them old buttons.....

Forests,waterfalls,rockpools - quiet mind,versed in magic religion science.intonal chanting,drumming,flute,icaros.Meditation.rememberance.power objects,chakra tuned crytals,bundi stick(wand-5ft stick quartz crystal amplifier),peace harmony introspection.oneness.senses vibrating sequenced overtones,glossolalia,mud.....AH HA!Entheogenic ecstatic enlightenment :D :cool:

thanx for all the replies! sorry i started this topic and haven't been around to check it out:(

but yeah i like to do some energy channeling (i'm new to it tho) i'm trying transcendental meditation and stuff too.

being outside in nature with the natural sounds and stuff is pretty important i reckon for connecting with nature.

yes monty pythons are GREAT movies

i lovee the lumberjack song! it's been awhile tho so i don't remember it word for word anymore.

I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay.

I sleep all night. I work all day.

He's a lumberjack, and he's okay.

He sleeps all night and he works all day.

I cut down trees. I eat my lunch.

I go to the lavatory.

On Wednesdays I go shoppin'

And have buttered scones for tea.

He cuts down trees. He eats his lunch.

He goes to the lavatory.

On Wednesdays he goes shopping

And has buttered scones for tea.

I cut down trees. I skip and jump.

I like to press wild flowers.

I put on women's clothing

And hang around in bars.

He cuts down trees. He skips and jumps.

He likes to press wild flowers.

He puts on women's clothing

And hangs around in bars?!

I cut down trees. I wear high heels,

Suspendies, and a bra.

I wish I'd been a girlie,

Just like my dear Mama.

I (He) cut(s) down trees. I (He) wear(s) high heels,

Suspendies, and a bra?!

I wish I'd been a girlie,

Just like my dear Mama!

:D

that's it, thankyou slarty fart blaster :D