The Corroboree
Alchemica

Shifting The Assemblage Point: Transformation in Therapy and Everyday Life

Mentioned this article to a few people and they were interested in reading it, incase it is of interest to others:

http://www.processwo...rz-Shifting.pdf

Will also include the following which I found helpful and to be similar to many of my experiences:

Healing Traumatic Reenactment: Psyche's Return from Soma's Underworld

http://clinicalsocia...Reenactment.pdf

Thank you, they look like fascinating reads. I've added them to my collection and I'll hopefully get around to them soon.

The term 'Assemblage Point' originated with the writings of Carlos Castaneda. Nowhere else is that precise concept found. When the book

Teachings of Don Juan first appeared I was convinced beyond a doubt that that book and the following books in the series were true.

I was not alone. Millions of others were also convinced I'm sure. However, after considerable reasearch on Castaneda and his books I now feel that they *may* have been a hoax.

Assuming that this is the case, are the books of any value? I believe that some of the teachings in those books are of

inestimable value to humanity whether hoax or not. The singularly most important teaching IMO is that of turning off the 'internal dialogue'.

No progress can be made on any spiritual path without it. Try it for yourself. For the next minute or so turn your attention solely to the sense of touch. That is to say, feel the touch of your body on the chair you are sitting in. Hold that in your attention. You willl notice that your thinking stops. If you are a depressed type or a worrier, your suffering will stop.

If this practise is cultivated, little by little the ego (false self) will begin to disappear because it is

no longer being supported or 'fed' by constant internal chatter. Of course your 'personal history' disappears because you are no longer dwelling on the past or an imagined future.

Anyway, enough said except that I still continue to read the books and consider them a great inspiration in my life.

Myrtillo.

• Like 4

carlos castaneda,.... even if its all fiction,...... his writings ROCK!

I had some very interesting if not absolutely amazing experiences thanks to his writings.

Moving your asseblage point is not diffficult once you understand it. And it is not hard to understand what it all is looking at it from an energetic point of view.

Learn to control your energetic body& find your connection with the universe and a whole new world will open up!!! If you make this your way of living a magical way of life will be yours. Psychedelics usually make becoming aware easier,..... but usually temporary. You need great dicipline in order not to fall into the pitfalls that drain you of your energy so that you fall back in your comfort zone. It;s more of a mental thing of not wasting energy then anything else. Use your energy wisely.

Read Castanedas books and practice the things (points of views) that he explains and you will find out for yourselves. The nagual will find you!

• Like 1

For another side of Castaneda and his teachings from someone who was very close to him check out: Sorcerer's Apprentice: My Life with Carlos Castaneda

You can read most of it on Google books:

http://books.google.com.au/books?id=QOyiKkog4roC&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false

Still think his writings are the bomb!

Yeah I read Don Juan before that, but I already knew it was fake so it didn't have much of an impact on me.

After reading about what his life was really like in Sorcerer's Apprentice, it made me glad because I didn't want to end up like that.

Chilli,... say what you want,.... but I can assure you all one thing,... even though it might be made up, it helped make allot more clear then many other spiritual writings I have come accross.

I think that people can come to the same conclusions by gathering bits of information here and there, but that would take them many years or even a lifetime of diciplined studying & gathering. To be able to put it in fun & informative books like CC did is simply brilliant. You would have to study under a master of some sort of spiritual dicipline to come to the juicey bits of info like he discribes in his books. I have read a bunch of sprititual books and I must say that his stuff is very much complementary and helpful when it comes to insight in what other spiritual books can only vaguely discribe.

I must admit that there are some things in CC's books that are seemingly 'over the top', but who am I to say they cant be real. Everyone should keep things real for themselfs.

To any serious psychonaut or person on a spiritual quest,.... read the books and tell me in all honesty that CC's writings are worthless.

have not read the sorcerer's apprentice, but I can imagine very well what kind of life that will lead too as I myself did try to rid myself of my personal history for a while,... and hahaha,.... seeking refuge in a monestary is a better way if you are really serious about losing your ego in a safe way.

• Like 1

It's the way he used others to feed his ego and dragged them down with him even in death that puts me off, not the fact his stories are made up.

I recommended the book as it shows another side (other than his own claims) to his teachings and how they originated and worked out in real life, and affected those around him. Always helps to hear both sides of the story.

I'm not saying his books are absolutely worthless, I have only read the Teachings of Don Juan a few years back and I am just saying it didn't have any impact on me. I honestly have been much more affected reading science fiction. I actually became more fascinated with his ideas through reading Amy Wallace's book!

Does that mean I am not a "serious psychonaut or person on a spiritual quest"? In your view maybe, but I am happy with myself and the progress I am making inwardly and outwardly without Carlos Castaneda.

Maybe one day I'll read more of his stuff and get something out of it, but I think I will find it hard to take his teachings seriously when I've read so much about the darker aspects of his life, and I don't think anything he taught can't be found in similar forms elsewhere.

Theres gold imbedded in his books. You take what you want and leave what you dont. Guidance, inspiration and those "gold" bits come from many different directions, spheres and people. If we were to keep or give weight only to

stuff coming from those beyond reproach, or who passed the 100% genuine, unadulterated, never inhaled club, we would have a very bare cupboard indeed.

For example, I have found a lot of stuff of real worth in Hunter S. Thompsons writings, most of which, by his own admissions, were the made up ramblings of a drug crazed lunatic.

I think people's philosophy and life are inextricably interwoven.

For me, the direction someone's life takes, the way they treat others and the legacy they leave, are just as important considerations as what they teach to others or claim about themselves. It is certainly nothing to do with being beyond reproach, or never inhaling, not sure what gave you that impression..

When someone like Castaneda mind-fucks other people to the point that they cut off all family and friends and become his slaves, to the point that they kill themselves or disappear completely after his death... well, I tend to say "no thanks" no matter what fantastic claims he made for himself.

From what little I know of Hunter S. Thompson, he was a very genuine person and didn't purposefully feed off and destroy other people's lives like Castaneda did.

• Like 1

Chillie,... "the lessons of don juan" is the least interesting of them all if you ask me.

And of course I'm not saying that you are not a serious psychonaut. Just that I am reccomending that people serious about diving in the psych will find allot of value in most of his books.

Journey to Ixtlan. I believe his 3rd book is okay.

Tales of Power. Is pretty good.

Second Ring of Power. Also pretty good.

The Fire from Within. Is awesome!

The Power of Silence. Is super dooper awesome!

I've read "the art of dreaming" which is okay,.. but honestly I dont remember it very well right now,..just remember that it did not make a big impact.

And have not read "the eagle's gift" which looks promising.

Chilli,.. you read one of his least interesting books followed by a book that paints a not so pretty picture. No wonder.

And BTW,... I would for sure seperate the personal shit about CC in "sorcerer's apprentice" and his own writings. It doesn't help with the true value within most of his books.

With his books like tensegrity or whatever you call it it would for example be much better to learn about tai chi or chi gung I think,... and you will also see that some of his later books have a hint of commercial & new agey objective.

Edited by woof woof woof

Theres gold imbedded in his books.

hahahaha!! :wink:

Who here has not had dark periods of their existence, has not had a terrifying psychedelic experience, cannot see the darkness in the world? Can we not learn from such experiences?

The light, when it lands on objects, casts shadows.

but at the moment when the divine light from within starts to exchanging (enegry is a 2 way road) with the divine light surrounding all shadows will cease to exist.

• Like 3