The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Auxin

Strangest damn morning (Alcohol)

Okay, this one is right on the verge of blowing my mind.

I stopped drinking 13 years ago because I didnt like strongly mentally befuddling drugs and I didnt like the toxic effects and why be bothered when the herb is plentiful. In the years that followed I stopped smoking pot too. Fast forward to present day, I decided to skip my annual kava purchase and go a year without that. No mundane drugs left.

I still had tequila in the freezer from 13 years ago :lol: I figured I'd give it a go just to see if my sentiments would be the same after so long. Now, I been on a serious health kick this last year, greatly changing exercise level and vastly changing diet to get myself so I can live to be old and crusty. But hell, I had an urge and was curious so I got drunk. The high was fun in a mentally degrading sort of way, ultimately I decided it still wasnt my style of drug and to top it off the toxic effects are bothersome.

I went to bed.

This morning, after getting my brain working again with aspirin and coffee, a call comes...

My alcoholic cousin-in-law fucking drank himself to death last night!

What the fuck is with that odd ass timing! 13 years dry and at the very moment while I'm drunk again a relative dies from the stuff!

I thought the universe, God, Brahma, the great spaghetti dude in the sky, whathaveyou, taught lessons with lightning bolts, plagues of locusts, and magical monkey armies descending from heaven... apparently a 1 in ten trillion improbability is also in the cosmic repertoire of teaching tools.

Holy shit.

I guess I chose right, figurin I still shouldnt drink.

In 2024 I'm just gonna take it as a given and not even test the thing, damn.

I'll still keep the last of that old tequila in my freezer- as before, to prove that I dont drink because I dont want to and not for simple lack of free access.

...wow man

That is fucking crazy man! What odds. A good sign indeed to not start drinking again. So his heart just stopped? Alcohol OD just shuts everything down right?

I do a similar thing as your tequila in the freezer, when I try to quit something. When it's there you can choose not to have it, when it's not there it drives you crazy because you feel it's out of your hands and you inevitably go and obtain it, only to realise that you didn't really want it after all. If that makes any sense lol :blink:

• Like 2

Yeah they said the booze just made his heart stop, or thats the word of mouth report.

And yup, definitely makes sense. I also did the same when I quit smoking- I had some cigs stored in a jar with pipe tobacco to flavor the cigs all yummy, I quit smoking by progressively cutting down more each sunday until I could just stop and then I gave away all but that jar. In the weeks/months/years that followed that jar proved I stopped and didnt just run out.

Thats so sad about your cousin, I don't believe in co-incidences at all though, so your strange event isn't so surprising to me, but obviously you learnt something from it so it happened for a reason.

All the best and sorry to hear about your relative.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that man. I call that synchronicity. Maybe can also see it that was a way for you and him to be together in spirit and him saying goodbye. (they say people will sometimes announce (in strange ways) that they will depart soon)

From what you write you have been on the good track for quite a while, so I wouldnt see it as a warning, but more of a way to meeting each other in the middle. (in spirit)

Pray/meditate that his journey to the other side goes peacefully.

Be well man!

dfgdfg

Edited by Teljkon

Schweird man... sorry to here to hear about your cousin in law.

whenever i think "nah, theres no spirit" to human life,

shit like this happens.

not sure, there's no scientific explanations for these types of events,

but science, as it has evolved, basically discounts anything like this happening.

so, i "know" theres a "spirit", even though it isn't quantified,

but, the law of conservation of energy, assuming that the human spirit is a particular kind of energy,

will not dissipate on death?

it's interesting, what are we? a sum of the parts? i think not,

the complexity of the human body is too much for our science to handle (as it currently stands)

i think theres a particular kind of "life energy", more than simple chemical bonding,

if life was "just chemistry", then at some point those chemicals would have to become self aware, right?

how can a chemical become self aware?

i am self aware, and i am chemistry.

so, what gives?

...You should be thankful for your self control and respect the fact that others lack it.
This event wasnt a lack of self control as in an accidental alcohol OD, he worked toward this for decades. Purposeful self destruction 100%.

It really wears at me, how common that is these days. One other friend did the same with alcohol and another is right on the edge, for my father it was pills just as it was for his mother, for an uncle it was pills and constant blinding anger, an aunt is working toward her death right now sitting in her dark box cheeseburgering herself to death, my mother has eaten nothing but junk food for years- I have to cook food for her or its nothing but slowly lethal crap.

Its like a national pass time.

In the west wealth has brought us the luxury of most often being able to be the architects of our own deaths. The deaths people are choosing make me really think something is seriously wrong with western culture, this is just not sustainable.

• Like 1

dfgdfg

Edited by Teljkon