The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
mutant

1 min experimental video

experimental shit

89786662.jpg

Interesting. Got more video work to share?

Speaking of experimental shit, I remember back in my art school days, a friend of mine snuck a video onto the end-of-year-screening reel. At first, everyone watched politely as a weird, undefined and abstracted series of shapes filled the screen. Then, after a minute or so, the shape expands and opens, and we realise we're looking at a close up of a hairy asshole. The hole then expands even wider and a long, fat and solid turd passes through it and off camera, after which the asshole snaps shut with a shudder. Very hilarious. He's now a famous and respected video artist and music clip director.

im not sure mutant :scratchhead:

it has a kind of wacky, spaced out feel to it but it seems rather abstract.

whats your motive? what is it meant to mean? did read the words however it didnt really open up any new doors and was rather still, however the music was ok, the reverb on that middle bit sounded like a cheap speaker that couldnt handle bass but i think that was meant.

no kidding i kinda enjoyed it but it really didnt go anywhere, not for me anyway but i think you have a passion or a sense for it, however that vid probably didnt deliver the message properly.:innocent_n:

hey santiago

did you realise what the pics/pseudovideos depict? did anyone?

as for your questions

it was done in a very short time, essentially meant as a draft. The music is mine, done sometime round 2003-2004. I had not specific intention when starting to do it, late at night the other day, apart from sharing 3 stills in youtube, as this was faster than finding how to grab frame from a vid [this is late at night]. While doing it I got more inspired seeing it as a draft of what I could do with these and similar stills/videos.

In fact, your feedback is exactly the feedback this 'film' hoped to get. So, even if you don't know it, your response is a proof of its success :wink:

Hey marcel, there are a couple of more-realmovie-like shorts from 2004-2005 , as well as a short beekeeping 'docu' for a beekeeper friend of mine, but these were never shared, as most have our full faces in. Sorry I cannot share. No experimental vids, just lots of experimental music in my part. This draft though might be a start in some series in this / similar technique.

We do intend to delve into making some goofy or otherwise weird or fucked up film, but no arrangements are made yet.

did you realise what the pics/pseudovideos depict? did anyone?

irrevensible honts and hybribs on ant livel, caterpilar blegs and mosquito scruts?

i assumed they were close ups maybe from electron microscopes, of insects. the hairy surfaces look just like insects and the text points in this direction too.

i liked it man. it was too fast to get bored.

"men fell, insects rose. they rose and that shit was NASTY. god was pleased."

the fictional words hint at things that are new, or new words for a new order of life, or that the text was a small part from a larger fictional work.

thanks mate, nice feedback.

You are just on the right track, only the pics are [normal] microscope close ups of buds their hair and crystal :wink:

but yeah I wanted people to think it's insects :lol:

the fictional words hint at things that are new, or new words for a new order of life, or that the text was a small part from a larger fictional work.

cool interpretation, thanks a lot for that

the made up words thing is a new ongoing idea, inspired by the made-up colloquial language used in Clockwork orange book