The Corroboree
Marklar

herbs and plants for excercise?

was wondering if there was any good herbs for use when excercising?

mostly weightlifting, for faster recovery times or better gains and longer workouts and stuff like that

there lots of stuff you buy from the shops but i was wondering if anyone knew of any good herbs that can be substituted?

ive tryed some powders before but i cant sleep after because they are full of caffine!

anyway thanks

cory

Here's a list of various plants containing phytoecdisteroids:

Medicinal plants tested to include phytoecdysteroids include Achyranthes bidentata [3], Tinospora cordifolia[4], Pfaffia paniculata[5] Leuzea carthamoides[6], Rhaponticum uniflorum (Zhang et al. 2002), and Serratula coronata[7]. The ginsengs and Eleutherococcus have not been studied for these compounds but exhibit similar characteristics.[8]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phytoecdysteroid

And a couple of adaptogens of which several might also be useful for exercising:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adaptogen

Grow your own wheat grass bro, no need for a juicer just macerate the grass with your teeth and suck the juice out of it, and then spit the pulp out later.

When you work out your tissues accumulate a lot of acid wastes and excessive protein intake will just compound the issue and lead to other problems.

Chlorophyll is like mothers milk and has many similarities to hemoglobin, it rebuilds like nothing else. It also alkalises and helps neutralise the lactic acid and metabolic wastes produced when working out.

heme-chlorophyll.jpg

How chlorophyll rebuilds blood

If you want some extra protein Moringa oleifera has an excellent array of amino acids in a readily available form unlike some of the supplements that doesn't have the appropriate co factors for assimilation in the digestive tract.

Moringa is also high in vitamins and minerals and has many other benefits, it's anti inflammatory and increases stamina.

Or you could just buy liquid cholorophyll

Last time I did a round of liquid chlorophyll I felt awesome, and it also makes your sweat not stink. Not that I particularly stunk beforehand but while using it for some reason my sweat was completely odourless. Weird.

yeah ive got a juicer, i live off juice when i get sick or arent feeling too good. dont really like the flavour of mixed vege juice but gets me better pretty quick

is wheatgrass a daily thing? do you need much?

Siberian ginseng was good for me for increasing endurance as has been dang shen. Gaba supplements keep my heart up for longer without me feeling it too bad.

Sida Cordifolia / Rhombifolia ? i understnad these aren't legal to ingest but hypothetically they could give you a bit of a boost in the gym :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sida_cordifolia

The roots and stems contain the alkaloid ephedrine, normally observed in the different varieties of the gymnosperm genus Ephedra. Recent analyses have revealed that ephedrine and pseudoephedrine constitute the major alkaloids from the aerial parts of the plant.

ive got some ephedra seedlings... i wont be ingesting them though.....

Gaba I took for a 'wind down' supplement but I went for a run and it tripled my endurance for some reason. I didnt fatigue for 6kms.