The Corroboree
kyzokitten

Research Participants Needed

Hi everyone,

My name is Kylie, I am a researcher working at Phoenix Institute of Australia.

We are currently conducting research into altered states of consciousness and extra sensory perception.

Specifically we are investigating a shamanic journeying condition.

We are seeking participants for this study, which takes place at 314 Queen Street, Melbourne, Victoria.

Testing takes about one hour. Participants are required to complete a questionnaire and then lie queitly either in silence or whilst listening to a recording.

They are then asked to identify a concealed target picture.

The head researcher on this project is Dr Adam Rock, who is a Founding International Board Member of the International Transpersonal Association, President of the Australian Institute of Parapsychological Research, a Special Topics Editor and Editorial Board Member of the International Journal of Transpersonal Studies, an Associate Editor of Anthropology of Consciousness, and an Editorial Board member of the Australian Journal of Parapsychology. Dr. Rock is also the current editor of the Psychotherapy and Counselling Journal of Australia, which is the official PACFA e-Journal. He has published dozens of scholarly articles in prestigious academic journals such as the Journal of Scientific Exploration, Transpersonal Psychology Review, and the Journal of Parapsychology. He has been awarded over $200,000 in research grants. His various books are titled Constructivism and shamanic experiences, Shamanism and psi (with Dr. Lance Storm), and Demystifying shamans and their world (with Professor Stanley Krippner). In addition, he has presented or co-presented over 30 papers or posters at national and international conferences. His research interests include shamanism, altered states, mediumship and psi.

Anyone wishing to register interest or find out more can contact: [email protected]

wish i was in the right place, it's really cool to see this kind of stuff going on in Australia

All the best B)

wish i was in the right place, it's really cool to see this kind of stuff going on in Australia

All the best B)

I wish you were too! Thanks for your support :)

whenever i read these posts i think of doctor rockzo. the rock n roll clown.

he does cocaine.

Jeeze, Kylie, youre really hitting this community for participation in the last two days. Does this differ from the "Spiritual Emergency" request ?

I have a question for you. Which other public forums have you posted these participation requests to ? It would be interesting to know what sort of cross-section you are aiming for.

• Like 1

i was actually a participant in the soviet telepethy experiments, but it messed me up

Edited by bulls on parade

Over which dates is the research taking place?

Almost finished uni so I might give this a go in my forthcoming abundance of free time..

i was actually a participant in the soviet telepethy experiments, but it messed me up

I was involved with the Ivan Pavlov institute, and the study of psychic secretion.

Then I became a goddamn mescaline-munchin' hippie.

We need a poll. Is Kylie coming back into the botanical nexus that is this forum to explain more aboout the Phoenix Institute ?

Jeeze, Kylie, youre really hitting this community for participation in the last two days. Does this differ from the "Spiritual Emergency" request ?

I have a question for you. Which other public forums have you posted these participation requests to ? It would be interesting to know what sort of cross-section you are aiming for.

Hi Psylo Dread,

Yes we have a number of studies going on at the moment. This one is different to the spiritual emergency study, although some of the content is similar. This one requires an on-site testing session, whereas the spiritual emergency questionnaire can be completed online.

Social forums are a great way of communicating with others who have similar interests. I have posted recruitment ads on forums whose subject matter is similar in nature to what we are investigating. That's because people are more inclined to volunteer if they are interested and wish to support the topic under investigation. The studies, however, are open to anyone who wishes to participate.

I've posted two recruitment ads on this forum. I'm not sure what the problem is?

Over which dates is the research taking place?

Almost finished uni so I might give this a go in my forthcoming abundance of free time..

Hi Alkatrope,

The research will continue until we reach 200 participants (currently at 140). We are hoping to finalize testing by end of November.