The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
qualia

satanic midivan / static medium

theres many times i read shit the wrong way, such as the example above (real text: static medium). most of the time it's confusing, i always see whats there after concentrating for a few seconds. i'm sure people think i'm a weirdo standing in the street looking at signs with a shocked and confused look on my face, then walking away shaking my head and muttering to myself.

:uzi:

Edited by qualia

totally random dude...love it.

well one thing for sure is that its probably not normal. which means there are two boxes left to choose from.

gifted

or

nutter

i think that from the text analasis you described that your probably on the gifted side but not your typical well schooled way, taking a total stab i would say you have a gift of some kind, in an ideal schooling enviroment with the general systemising of gifted students into a atypical way of learning so the gifted student can still join in with classmates and make friends as a gifted student will get teased alot, any excuse for kids will do and as we can see by occupy wall st and so on, nobody likes a smartass.

so you hid your talent and whilst the other gifted students had defined models of learning based on sound classroom theory. where as you because you hid it, you were not recognised as gifted and by the learning heirachy............you learned english via your own system of rules, it happens all the time....imagine an ikea cabinet, the other gifteds followed the design but you put it together without relying on a page, however thishas probably caused problems which may have been mis- diagnosed as dyslexia maybe even ADD but i would lean to you hiding it at an early age due to pre peer pressures and whilst evrybody else was steadily tapping away at their school desks in relative order, you were tinkering away fixing the maths and english with unconventional methods not even aware why you were hiding your difference in the first place.

fast forward to today and you have the remnants of your system, just enough to slightly derail things occasionally. your visualising as opposed to calculating.......which then i would fathom a guess your left handed and dont wear glasses but you probably should, i bet your good at those 3D diagram puzzle picture things and like macgyver you tend to improvise alot. in maths it happens regulary...some people literally do no calculations because they can just visualise 141+45 like a picture, others carry the tens, some do the old fashioned carry the ones like a page and pencil in their head.

the brain likes to find a way to work, if one path is blocked..the brain will try another one which means that your stuck with the letter anomoly remnant of your repressed early childhood intelligence secret you kept to fit in. systems like school systems are based on rigid systems of orthadox thinking which will bring easiest developmental and age appropriate learning aquity, then as we get older those core systems of learning are really like an automatic learning, is what automatic thinking what the world really needs, of course.....who will run bank tellers, accountants, teachers when we get older. just like that dude from the movie says - your so entrenched within the system that you dont evenknow that you are the system. conventional thinking breeds a conventional society and not much is to learned off the best accountant or teacher that probably hasnt been said before. unorthadox thinking as a paradox to learning, its a fundamental given that life will simplify the systems we allready have in place, there is nothing but the inevatable gradual improvement of a system apon a system apon a system as the human race goes forward. This is defined as intelligence and learning but intelligence and learning really only is a repeated action a rule and a memory. but i dont think the world like unorthadox thinking as a whole, which is why you hid it in the first place.

i think it's completely normal, although maybe it happens to you more often than others qualia.

it's just how the brain works innit, when it is familiar with a task like reading, it takes in a fraction of the total information. we don't really notice but perception is really funny, and perceptions that you wouldn't question the accuracy of because the object is right there, are conclusions that the brain jumped to, false perceptions.

everybody reads a word wrong from time to time, sometimes they notice their error and other times it is almost impossible to see where they have gone wrong.

interesting trait anyway, have you ever been a stoner by any chance?

i think you touched on something santiago, which is style of perception. since we are playing armchair psyche assessment (interweb style) i'll guess that your frequent misreading is because you process the big picture more than you examine and identify it's components, maybe indistinct artworks like kandinsky and a million others (which look like a splatter of paint done by a five year old, to some people) appeal to you.

i enjoy this mode of perception, it is more holistic, you might say feminine, but i'm geared for the opposite, which is probably why i was very good at typing transcripts and doing data entry. hard to be good at those if you can't process each character accurately.

interesting trait anyway, have you ever been a stoner by any chance?

That's an interesting proposition... :bong:

gifted

:lol:

completely normal

:(

here i was thinking i was a gifted snowflake, turns out i'm really nothing special :wink:

i think it's more a combination of me needing glasses and having an overactive imagination.

p.s. i don't smoke, anymore. say no to drugs kids.

Edited by qualia

Tihs was a cool tnihg I saw ocne wehre yuo can bsaiclly raed a setnecne wihutot too mcuh toubrle eevn if the wrdos hvae jbumeld ltetres bsaed on the sahpe of the wrod as lnog as the frist and lsat lerttes rmeian the smae.

midivan and medium don't have the same last letters, but you get the general idea. I get the same thing where you have to do a double take to confirm words on a page that you've misinterpreted. Another thing I get that's similar is looking from one side of the room to the other and suddenly having a word appear in my head, usually something unexpected like "hell" or "sex". Have to go back and scan the room for several minutes before I can actually locate where I read the word and whether I read it correctly. Might have actually been "help" or "exit". Might have appeared on a sign on a far wall or on a magazine cover lying on the table next to me. Might have been from my peripheral vision or might have been straight ahead. Can frustrate me for minutes until I can locate the word.

There's a school of thought about teaching kids words before letters because the recognition of the word makes more logical sense than trying to assemble abstract concepts (such as letters) into meaningful words. Maybe a similar thing to this?

What's a midivan anyway? That's what I'd like to know :scratchhead:

indeed. but as the great lord something something once said:

"Ours is not to reason lolwut. Ours is but to look, and ponder."

i think.