The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Bush Turkey

Perth hail damage

hey all! Did any other perthys get damaged cacti from the hail yesterday morning??? All my cacti and plants are damaged :( They all have acne now :( Might have to chop and start over again. I havent heard anything about it? I think it only hailed in little areas of perth. I cant be the only one???

Edited by Bush Turkey

I got it where I am (you know Turkey). Luckily all safe in a greenhouse.

Yeah that was pretty strong, about marble size hail. The misses was worried about her car, given the last big hail storm. But all is good.

what hail? lol

yeah weird! i was at a doof and didnt even get a drop of rain. i got home and there was 60mm in the rain gauge? Then looked in the gutters and was full of hail!!!

hey all! Did any other perthys get damaged cacti from the hail yesterday morning??? All my cacti and plants are damaged :( They all have acne now :( Might have to chop and start over again. I havent heard anything about it? I think it only hailed in little areas of perth. I cant be the only one???

:o

That has to suck BT . You just have to hope for a week of sunshine so they dont rot. I think there are storms forcast for this arvo.

Can you get them in under shelter?

I was in Byford on Sat night / Sunday morning there was no hail out there.

I had a wander around the garden and potted up some catci yesterday arvo and didnt notice any thing ( Perth Hills )

Cheers

Got

they should be right. Only a couple broke the skin. Just all the tips have white/yellow dents all over them.

I was in the Garden yesterday morning, it was pretty damn warm from memory.

Bad luck man.

hope they pull through bro i didnt get any hail this time thankfully still getin over last weeks

yeah thats crazy! Yours got hit last week and i didnt even get rain. Now vice versa. Did you get rain there nosh???

eatfoo it hit about 5am. I was home buy 8:30 am and it was sunny and warm but there was still hail in the gutters

Edited by Bush Turkey

did it hail last week? nothing up my way B_T...not even a drop of rain, i agree it was a bit warm yesterday too but im amazed at hail...im not far from nosh so if he says hail last week im double suprised but yeh i hear there is some coming this arvo

everything looked pretty dry at mine when i dragged my ass out of bed at 10am. Thankfully i didnt get any hail as i have a few delicate operations underway outside.

Awww crap. That ain't good. I'm gonna check mine when I get home, I heard the hail came thru from the missus but didn't even think of the cacti.

I didn't want that news, ESP since I'm just down the road!!!

yeah funny thing is gilligan my mums house didn get anything and she live about 4km away. Hope all is ok with your garden man! Who else is around us???

There is another hail warning for this arvo so be aware!!!

Grin. Flying back thru it this arvo then... Bugger. Dunno if we've got anyone else round us... There was a bit of hail, but not huge bits is the report I got... Touch wood... Mine are reasonably sheltered...

you got lucky then! Looks like i had my own personal hail storm! Neighbour reckons it looked like snow out the front

Might have to stand out there with a tennis racket this arvo :P

Edited by Bush Turkey

If you see some one wearing this post-4489-0-94362000-1318237757_thumb.jp And and waving one of these about ( not the girl ) post-4489-0-20391400-1318237798_thumb.jp

Dont worry it only B_T protecting his cacti :P

Cheers

Got

post-4489-0-94362000-1318237757_thumb.jpg

post-4489-0-20391400-1318237798_thumb.jpg

post-4489-0-94362000-1318237757_thumb.jpg

post-4489-0-20391400-1318237798_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

sorry people wasnt last week it was the week befor wednesday 28th sept i got hail . middle of the day

Getting pretty good rain right now, no hail as of yet.

"Jandakot was the wettest part of the metropolitan area in the last 72 hours with 24.6mm.

Yesterday, residents in some of Perth's southern suburbs were hit with up to thirty minutes of hail during a localised storm yesterday morning.

Parkwood resident Sean Martin captured a close-up photograph of hail which hit his backyard and said his front and back yards were covered in hail.

"It was just so bizarre, I have not seen hail like that in Perth before," Mr Martin said.

"I know that we had that big storm last year…but we didn't get any of that in the southern suburbs. You see hail from time to time but it's a couple of minutes and it's tiny. This was thirty minutes of constant hail.""

No damage, yeeha! And no hail last night...

ahh thanks cisum! im on the border of parkwood. Is the pic he took available online???