The Corroboree
sapito

Some photos from mid summer road trip

Thought I would share some photos from a road trip in the northern areas of Aus. Keen to hear some constructive criticism as im only learning about photography and I know there are some pretty knowledgeable photographers on here that may be able to give some pointers.

Interest to know peoples favourites. Its hard to judge your own photos i find, maybe im just too self-critical :P

Photos taken with a DMC-LX3

6222329398_7f5126caf2.jpg

6222329344_c6d9d07192.jpg

6222329266_2c3e203f13.jpg

Spewing this guys tail is not all in the shot but i didnt have much time :(

6222329176_a17ed4c198.jpg

6221808831_c8c81ec5b9.jpg

6222329124_65c0e55149.jpg

6221808705_2bea15012f.jpg

6221808663_da12db4ccc.jpg

6221808615_81f4da5e1a.jpg

6221808573_d5a986588e.jpg

Edited by sapito

Very awesome mate. Thanks a lot for sharing.

Very nice photography there :'D Are any of these edited in any way? Also is that a yellow mushroom?

Really like the first one of the flower. Do you happen to know what type it is?

Whoah! Beautiful pics!

I'm no photographer, but I think my favorites are rainbow, rocks, and sunset #1.

Great photos mate, My fav is the snail, followed by the flower.

The rocks also works strangley well despite the symmetry.

The dark one (photo 3) is also pretty cool but it's hard to see because it can't be enlarged.

Excellent choice in camera, I have an lx5 :) Fucking GREAT cameras. Thought long and hard between that and the canon G series, in the end I just couldn't pass up the bright lens of the lumix. Who needs a million times zoom anyway.

Number 3... Amazing.

You are on your way there man.

I guess the best way of learning is to get to know your camera very well. Try taking 50 photos of one thing with different settings. Once you see them on the computer/printed you can really see what the settings are. Instead of just seeing the settings as numbers and letters, they will become pictures in your memory.

You are a pro in the making.

That is some very high quality photography. Hard to say which one I like the most, they're all really quite stunning. Numbers 2, 3, 4, 6, and 9 stand out the most for me.

• Like 1

Numbers 2, 3, 4, 6, and 9 stand out the most for me.

Same for me. Thanks alot for sharing, they are very beautiful pictures. I think you could have gotten a better picture of the flower though, the focus is all out. Instead of trying to capture the whole flower I sometimes try to get as much detail as I can out of the forefront petal. But that's just my style, and the rest of your shots are great. :)

Edited by TheExplorer

Thanks for the feedback everyone :) I forgot to mention that numbers 3 and 9 were taken by my road trip buddy

None of these photos have been edited in any way besides trimming the edges of a couple.

Im not sure what the flower is but I probably have a picture of the plant somewhere. Its just a common succulent. Ill see if I can find a pic.

Alice, yeah im pretty happy with this camera. There are times where I would like to have a bigger zoom but getting good quality photos from something that's so small is pretty handy.

Photo 3 had stuff on the sides that I wanted to cut out so thats why is so small. I only have good old ms paint to do this with so i went the easiest way (resize first then trim) which made it so small.

Credit has to also be given to the impressiveness of Australian landscapes and lifeforms. The thorny devil was one of the coolest things ive seen IRL