The Corroboree
jebus

mimosa hostilis woes ...

At least yours are still alive.

All mine died :angry:

I wasn't bullshitting when I said in the other thread that if your last one dies I will send you one for free.

PM me your postage details & I will send one your way.

I bought 7 seeds from SAB a few weeks ago and planted germed 5 two got to seedling stage and one died in heavy rain before I got my greenhouse,

but now the lil guy loves his new home

post-7855-0-53950500-1319457608_thumb.jp

post-7855-0-53950500-1319457608_thumb.jpg

post-7855-0-53950500-1319457608_thumb.jpg

My own woes:

This ones got brown spots and some leaves are shrivelling and dying off

a01cc620.jpg

4878deb1.jpg

This one just has brown spots:

28242c08.jpg

Maybe change potting mix. Large wood-chips as pictured are not favorable to many seedlings. Lighter, sandier mix better for growth. Also there appears to be lots of white fungal mycelium on the chips which is most likely to be harmful to the mimosa's roots, leading to death.

Cheers mate I just used a premium potting mix for it, I'll look into getting something better :)

I thought the white stuff was mycelium but then I read somewhere that it could just be shit from the tap water? Either way I got some fungorid laying around could crank that on there and see how it goes.

Thanks for your help buddy

I had the same problem, stunted growth when I removed them from the more humid propagating container. It took a month or two but they grew faster eventually.

Looking at mine today, they droop when you tap the leaves. I thought only mimosa pudica did this. Can anyone who has been growing MH for a while tell me whether this happens with MH as well as MP? Are the shaman australis MH seeds definitely MH?