The Corroboree
TommyChesnutt

oh nuts.

Well, i don't really know what else to do. I paid them $100 on the day of confirming the sale, on the 24th of may this year. Since then, i've sent email reminders periodically, and they have continued to insist it was coming soon with a bonus. now, i am no longer getting a reply, and the seller hasn't logged in since the 17th of august. this is very unfortunate, and a little upsetting.

basically the point of this post is to perhaps attract that person back... otherwise, i am aware that i am in the same australian state as this person, and i will be requesting the address of this person from anyone who has dealings with him, so i can send a letter of some sort.

if you are this person, please contact me as soon as you see this, it is really quite a shame that it has come to this, as i feel like a damn rat (which is something i'm not - it's just, that is $100 of my earned money.)

here's hoping.

I don't see the problem in naming people as long as you only present facts and don't make any assumptions. I think your posts is entirely factual and hence ther eis no reason why you can't name the member. if the member is honest then he will explain the delay - and there are a myriad of possible and excusable reasons. if the member is not honest then any day that passes without him being named is a day that anothe member may be getting ripped off too.

Any trader who has not kept up their end for a reasonable period will need to expect to be named, but will also be Ok with being able to explain the situation. The upcoming trader rep subforum will work on that principle too, so might as well get used to it.

• Like 2

alrighty. well, it's been a week now...

if anybody has information in regards to the member 'SOLA', that would be greatly appreciated. i'm looking for an address, so if someone could pm me with these details that would be great - i have the bank receipt to prove i'm genuine if privacy is an issue.

s/he owes me either $100 or the things i purchased privately from them, as they are *LONG* overdue, and replies have dropped off..

i will update this thread if any new info is gathered.

Not sure if I still have his address, but I have dealt with him in the past and been pretty happy actually. I did receive a huge bag full of Dodonea viscosa seeds a few months after i scored them in a free offer by him, which he apparently forgot about, but the next time I traded with him I recieved MUCH more than what I expected (I cant remember what I sent, but it was pretty small and insignificant compared to the 2 D. viscosa plants and like 5ft pach cutting he sent me).

Sorry to hear about your loss, and I hope you guys get it sorted, because while he has been slow to get things sent, he always came through for me and surprised me with the giant cactus cutting.

thanks poisonshroom,

yes it just scares me he hasn't logged in since the 17th of august - i paid him at the end of MAY, and straightaway (on his insisting he was short on cash!).

but good to hear he came through for you, and i hope he gets his rear end back here soon, because i'm not a happy camper when i don't know where my momey has gone.

edit: *money. sorry, bit of a freudian slip there...

Edited by hunnicutt

Yea I can imagine it would be a bit worrying. My trades werent really that big, so I wasnt too fussed. He is a uni student and lives in regional SA somewhere, so Id say hes pretty busy (nearly exam time :BANGHEAD2: ) but thats not really an excuse not to even contact you/reply.

good luck =]

• Like 1

i would like to add to the growing concern regarding sola. the only thing i was meant to get off him were some seeds from the free things thread but hunni's sad tale erodes confidence. similarly he kept saying "yeah it's coming, it's coming" to me but then replies too ceased. i definitely understand about exams because i am in that turbulent boat myself, however the trades we are concerned about happened just before LAST semester's exams, and now we are almost at end of year ones. i hope this can be resolved, particularly for hunnicutt. i don't really care about a few seeds tbh.

• Like 1

He has been sick guys, please do not think the worst, as far as I am aware, he is quite ill.

Please be patient as he may not be able to get to a computer at the moment.

I will endeavour to pay back his money to you should you accept instalments, eg I will vouch for him etc, pm me.

He is not dodgy, just sick at the moment.

• Like 2

thanks meeka i appreciate having closure. i hope he is okay. as i said above i am not actually interested in getting my trade it's no biggy. i hope you wish him the best of health for us, if you have the ability to contact him.

• Like 2

I will try and contact him to let him know I will sort it out on his behalf.

I don't often vouch for people but I know 100% it is not like him to take off with someone's money, as well as knowing that he is unwell and not even at home at the moment letalone logging in online.

Fair enough for everyone's concern which is understandable. Just glad I read this thread and hopefully can help, as I don't read alot on here thesedays.

thank you for your input meeka. have pm'd. i knew there had to be a reason, he didn't seem like that kind of guy... this may be a prime example of why not to assume the worst in these situations, and get knickers twisted.

I feel really terrible, I have been sick and unable to get to a computer. I've sent the packages I was supposed to ages ago.

I'm really sorry for the extended delay and will send some more or refund your money in an attempt to appologise.

I sent them on the 14th so don't know how long it takes to get to you.

Again I'm really sorry and I don't intend on trading again as I have been feeling so bad about not sending them on time.

Anyone who is still owed trades is welcome to contact me and I will send whatever is owing.

Sorry

• Like 4

Sola,

all good, i'm not pissed, actually to be honest i don't think anyone is pissed, it was just annoying to not know where you had gone - however, certain members have filled me in on a few things, and i felt a LOT better for that - (the whole, 'not being left in the dark' thing.)

- for anyone reading this who is thinking about posting queries about a trade, take this as an example - people are often not 'stealing' things from you, there is usually alot more to the story :) so thanks meeka for stepping in when she saw this.

no hard feelings sola. got your first package, everything is lovely, hope everything else is going smoothly ;)

Thankyou very much meeka, I really appreciate your kind words and support.

Reading your posts really made me feel a lot better.

Thanks

Sola

I don't intend on trading again

Sola, people on these forums are very understanding and forgiving. The previous members whose names have been tainted by bad trades have never come through, and in the end just disappeared from the scene. I think everyone who has had difficulties with a trade or two but come through eventually has been forgiven and forgotten.

Why don't you start a thread in the member reputations forum? Hunnicutt can explain his dealings with you, including the problems and the fact that he is happy with the resolution, and other members you've traded with can give their own impressions. Then if others want to trade with you it is their own, informed, decision.

• Like 1

i agree with ballz. i think the thing that jives most people is the not knowing what is going on. once it is explained then it's all good. we aren't that consumerist around here i don't think...