The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Jamison Schuetz

spore deal!

*disclaimer; I cannot send mushroom spore prints to: Australia, Idaho, California, or Ohio and other countries and places, please check your

local laws before ordering my prints!

hi,

due to low demand i have decided to offer a mega spore deal! i will sell you 50 Psilocybe semilanceata mushroom spore prints for $25.00. I will accept

cash, foreign cash, checks, money orders or western union. This is quite a deal. The prints were never ordered on the internet; but collected at a

lovely field in Oregon where they grow. PM me or email at: [email protected] thanks!

jamison

EDIT- Misinformation.

Edited by OPP

They are legal in Australia, but they are definitely illegal to import into Austalia, and carry huge fines if you are caught importing them.

Just for your information Psiloscybe spore prints are legal for microscopy purposes in Australia. Therefore they are ok to send to Australia.

Even the most half-arsed search would show you that this is certainly not the case.

hi,

andyamine, told me to put that disclaimer up for saying that about australia, but maybe they changed the law; but i'm not sure.

jamison

Edited by Jamison Schuetz

Even the most half-arsed search would show you that this is certainly not the case.

After some half arsed searching it seems that it is easy to get the wrong impression regarding importing spores.

From my searching it seems that they are illegal by way of a quarantine risk not because they are Psilocybe.

Thanks for the information!

well it must have been half arsed, because in a post of yours yesterday, looking two posts up, torsten clearly outlines it is a quarantine AND a customs issue, then after federal import issues comes the state laws.

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=28790&st=0&p=323638&hl=+importing%20+spores&fromsearch=1entry323638

The post above that I edited was posted BEFORE Torsten.

Any google search regarding importation of spores shows alot of INCORRECT results that state prints are legal to import (mostly forum threads). Clearly many people are misinformed, like I was until today.

Even searching government quarantine and law sites turned up nothing specific when I tried.

Any specific links appreciated.

I don't understand what you mean especially re: before t's post.

If you follow the link I provided, and look two posts up (#9) from your post yesterday (#11) (in the link provided) you will find the post where T states (in august) customs and quarantine import information re spores.

this is doing my head in, over and out.

What I was trying to say was that I THOUGHT it was legal to import spores.

Anyways I now know it is ILLEGAL.

Its doing my head in too!!! :BANGHEAD2:

Next.......

Never mind OPP, we all make mistakes now and then hey. Research is important though, thats for sure.

You know when i first joined here, i couldn't work out why the peeps thought that their 'glove-box' was sterile. :P

haha that's a good one amazonian, you make a me laff :)

sorry to derail the trade thread,

heres some links for you OPP

Quarantine Icon Database

http://www.aqis.gov.au/icon32/asp/homecontent.asp

Customs and other info (links within it)

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14161

it is all very confusing, T has put a lot of work into trying to understand and to communicate it, but still it can be confusing, those threads are locked, but as he has stated, feel free to open up other discussion threads regarding them.

Edited by gerbil

You know when i first joined here, i couldn't work out why the peeps thought that their 'glove-box' was sterile. :P

That's only because your car is FILTY :P

Hi OPP,

My concern with your post #2 (now edited) is that you were stating your opinion as though it were a fact. If your understanding of a matter is significantly different from a view already posted, you would probably be better wording your comment as a statement, such as:

"I thought that psilocybe spore prints were legal to import into Australia? Can anybody clarify this matter?"

as opposed to:

"For you information, psilocybe prints are legal to import into Australia."

Some poor internet trawler may have seen you post, thought "This guy must be trustworthy because he's named himself after a Naughty by Nature song about sleeping with other mens' girlfriends" and then ordered an illegal item to be imported to his residence in Australia and wound up with a permanent mark against his name making any trip through airport customs much more of a headache than it would otherwise have been.

Anyway, lesson learned, I hope.

^^^Yes, I agree, It should have been written as a question not a statement.

Whilst my name was in a Naughty By Nature song it wasn't why I chose it.

Now I know that members of this forum are well informed and should be listened to :blush:

Edited by OPP