The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
botanika

Underground lightning

Imagine seeing that happen in front of you. :drool2:

Thanks!

Edited by PsillyBean

Wow! Just as I was about to look up Fulgurite, another phenomena caused by lightning:

Fulgurites (from the Latin fulgur meaning thunderbolt) are natural hollow glass tubes formed in quartzose sand, or silica, or soil by lightning strikes.[1] They are formed when lightning with a temperature of at least 1,800 °C (3,270 °F)instantaneously melts silica on a conductive surface and fuses grains together; the fulgurite tube is the cooled product.[2] This process occurs over a period of around one second,[3] and leaves evidence of the lightning path and its dispersion over the surface.[4] Fulgurites can also be produced when a high voltage electrical distribution network breaks and the lines fall onto a conductive surface with sand beneath. They are sometimes referred to as petrified lightning. The glass formed is called lechatelierite which may also be formed by meteorite impact and volcanic explosions. Because it is amorphous, fulgurite is classified as a mineraloid. Fulgurites can have deep penetrations, sometimes occurring as far as 15 metres (49 ft) below the surface that was struck.[5]

-wiki

Wonders never cease hey? And I'm glad for that; knowing everything that all there is to know would be horrifically boring.

Other books on that site also look good. I like the idea of an electric universe.

http://www.mikamar.biz/book-info/tes-a.htm

The book contains sensible science for the experts written for the public, and represents the first substantial public exposition of the latest developments in the Electric Universe/Plasma Cosmology that is challenging the current “gravity only” system of thinking. It further undermines the “scientistic” cosmological mythology of the “big bang” and the “expanding” universe, while replacing it with confirmed electrical engineering and high energy plasma explanations.

http://www.mikamar.biz/book-info/tes-a.htm

Converging scientific and historical investigation has led to a new vision of the “Electric Universe” and a radical reconstruction of the past. According to proponents of this viewpoint, popular ideas in our cultures must now give way to a deeper appreciation of electrical phenomena and the vast record left to us by the ancients in their heavens-oriented petroglyphs, myths and symbols.

Awesomeness!

Reminds me of my ball lightning experience (pretty sure that is what it was). I was at my family home for xmas holidays doing some late night emailing when I seen an increasingly glowing blue light through the curtains out the corner of my eye. Next thing I know there is a bang louder than a shotgun blast which rattled the whole house.

No gas or electricity utilities anywhere near there and no sign of damage the next morning. The whole house woke up freaked out. The next morning I remembered one day when Dr Karl on JJJ was talking about ball lighting. I put this to my family but they all just laughed at me like I was talking about alien abduction or something...

Yeah me too! I had a book of intriguing random things when I was seven in which there was a story about an American family witnessing a ball lightning go past them on the patio. I've been wanting to see one ever since.

Dale, is your family home on or around a ley line?

Edited by FancyPants

The electons come from ground up not the top down.

The atmospgere top is like a capacitor

So a mylar ballon with smalliest diameter copper wire attach to a tree.

Before a electrical storm and l30 feet away will give a good strike,

what ball lighting is I don't know probablly electrostatic from the earths movements and like a capacitor for some released gas.

ball lightning is just a term people use when they see a luminous, airborne orb. no such electrical phenomenon is known to exist.