The Corroboree
tipz

eco-terrorism

I was just reading an article about a new book called deep green resistance.

It lays out the reasons for and methods of bringing down industrial civilization. The goal is saving the biosphere, and with it, Homo sapiens and the mammoth diversity of life ( which we are currently losing at an estimated 150 species a day ).

This book is calling for some very heavy handed drastic measures, akin to a civilian militant organisation against the chemical, pharmaceutical, nuclear, and resource extraction industries, along with industrial agriculture and the ever intensifying theatres of war. Obviously this would be very dangerous and require a lot of self-sacrifice, perhaps even the ultimate self sacrifice !

There is an excerpt from the book linked in the article that makes for good reading. I will be buying the book online today.

Basically i wanted to know how many people here were willing to unite or sacrifice to stop the destruction of our planet and maybe try and halt what is known as the 'great' holocene extinction. How far would you go ? I dont believe its enough to individually live sustainably and be environmentally conscious. Sure every little bit counts... but in the overall picture its nothing but a drop in a dying ocean.

I for one would be more than keen to conspire against the psychopaths who run our psychopathic corporations ( who seem to have more powerful than our 'elected' governments themselves), even if at the risk of my own life.

anyway here is the link to the spoken about article. Love to hear your thoughts ?

beyond protest

I didnt post this under the global warming debate as i think it addresses much more than that issue.

Going back to our natural way of living would ensure the extinction of man, maybe as soon as a few hundred thousand years. The only chance we have in taking control of our own fate, is by advancing our understanding of our world and learning how to use the sun as a energy source. That will ensure the human race about 5 billion years, even if the earth doesn't last that long. After that we need to learn how to break the speed of light barrier so we can reach other stars, then the human race will live on for at least as long as the universe does.

Peace 

I will definitely be fighting for this cause. In fact, I'm working towards a degree in social psychology for this specific purpose! But I'm not so sure about an "eco terrorist" approach. I think the problem is with the way society is set up. It is the motive to destroy the planet that I think needs to be addressed, not the manifestations of it. The "eco terrorist" approach seems to address the symptoms rather than the cause. But then again, I have'nt read the book.

Whatever the solution, fighting "fear" with "fear" is a sure fire way to fail!

sounds like something that needs to be done :-)