The Corroboree
Makalla

Mental Clairity and Relaxation

Hi All,

Im new here, so please forgive any mistakes in posting, please give feedback. I am looking into herbs that will help with Mental Clarity and relaxation. I had an experience last night with Heimia salicifolia that I dont wont to repeat. Sore muscles the next day like never have felt before ( must have brewed it wrong ) . I am looking for something that has a stronger effect than California Poppy that seems to be nice and mellow. Calea zacatechichi for dream work was not bad. So I am looking for 2 things here.. Powerful herbs ( rather tea or herbal gel caps) as I dont smoke, for Mental Focus and also another one for that Friday Night Chill ;) . ANy tips here or links would be great. East Coast NSW here. Cheers :) Thanx for reading and hope to hear from some of you when u can..

tobacco?

would be a nice choice, if it would not be soo didly addictive.

sceletium would be my go, make sure it's fermented.

These are my specialty in a way.

The best calm clarity I ever got from a herb was from a mixture of Rehmannia, eucommia, dang shen and astragulus. This was a soup herbal mix from a TCM bloke. I felt the best I have in years after a week on that gear.

Largish doses of Ashwaghanda when combined with red wine provides an experience similar to xanax as well just out of interest.

In terms of increasing mental clarity and creativity you cannot go passed lactuca virosa extract. Unlike weed it doesnt reduce your motivation and energy levels, it seems to increase them while totally immersing yourself in your work and finding mundane stuff interesting. A nice herb.

Ginseng is ok for boosting serotonin, but a friday night chill for me would be sceletium hands down. Alternatively large doses of ginseng can be a laugh. Dont klook passed lactuca virosa. its hard on the guts as a tea but the extract is under-rated.

How large an ashwaganda dose Zen? As a tea? Finely ground or as small (~1 cm) root pieces?

for relaxation, kava is very good, in moderation.

Ingesting large quantities of coleus is rather relaxing and inspiring. But you literally have to get your herbivore on and eat 60-70 leaves, extracts don't seem to work as well. Also, it's a real hit and miss with the kind of person it effects, some people don't feel it.

I think the best thing u can do,

is train yourself to experience more from less.

Every allie respects this.

Imagine getting 20 trips out of one finger length shroom!

is that even possible? yes.

Anyway, chamomile is probably the single most powerful relaxant getting about imo ; )

P.s I dont agree with 60-70 coleus leaves..

from experience, (1 homegrown leaf) under the tongue allowed for lovely hypnaogogic introspection. This comes with loving and working with the plant as more than mere matter.

Edited by mud

re clarity

has anyone done much experimentation with l-dopa, eg mucuna extract? i know there are dangers, but i'm curious if enough of it will cause a somewhat powerful nootropic/stimulant effect? feel free to include detailed opinions on safe doses/frequency, side effects or whatever.

it's interesting zen peddler, that you suggest lactuca for mental clarity which is also something you've said will put you to sleep. not surprising but interesting, clarity is an elusive thing and i guess there are different types.

re clarity

has anyone done much experimentation with l-dopa, eg mucuna extract? i know there are dangers, but i'm curious if enough of it will cause a somewhat powerful nootropic/stimulant effect? feel free to include detailed opinions on safe doses/frequency, side effects or whatever.

it's interesting zen peddler, that you suggest lactuca for mental clarity which is also something you've said will put you to sleep. not surprising but interesting, clarity is an elusive thing and i guess there are different types.

When I was training for a surf trip to Sumatra I was taking l-Dopa (Mucana Priens Extract) for growth hormone release. It was very good at raising general well being which in turn helped promote clarity. It is also a fairly strong diuretic so you need to watch your fluid in take. If you already have a high libido it may be best to avoid this one. I found it significantly raised my libido. When taking in combination with Tongkat Ali (LG100 extract) it raised my libido to ridiculous levels and I had to stop. It would of taken a nymphomaniac to satisfy my needs. I felt fantastic tho, really really fit and confident. L-Dopa extract also helped improve my memory and increased my dreams. I take it for week on week off here and there just for some balance. Definitely something to this one, good luck.

Sly

Edit> On the topic of things that give clarity but will also make you sleepy. I find that I need downers for clarity. My nerves are over active and I need to stop them firing before I can think clearly. I have found that 200mg of 5HTP and 700mg of GABA in the morning keeps me focused at work.

Edited by Slybacon

I assumed that lactuca worked for me because I often drink too much caffeine and because it prolongs the activity of acetylacholine.

Slybacon,

do you feel like velvet bean increases your gh?

I found it made me sleep so hard that i couldn't get up in the morning.

assuming l dopa is the only serious active (which i dunno, there are others), if i had to make a guess, based on something T has said about tyrosine, i'd guess you dosed too fast with the velvet bean so the counter-action your body took was drastic, drastic enough to result in an adrenaline and/or dopamine low.

do you feel like velvet bean increases your gh?

Its hard to tell, as the LJ100 also increases lean body mass. I am more heavy set now than I was the previous year. More so in my Gluts and Quads. It must have done something as now I'm not training I am a bit fat. I get comments from friends on my fat arse so it may have had an effect. It never did keep me awake, but it did make my dreams very wild and vivid. Peace.

I can't speak to relaxation, but for mental clarity, Cognitol is the best I have found.

(Shameless self promotion)

Hi All,

Im new here, so please forgive any mistakes in posting, please give feedback. I am looking into herbs that will help with Mental Clarity and relaxation. I had an experience last night with Heimia salicifolia that I dont wont to repeat. Sore muscles the next day like never have felt before ( must have brewed it wrong ) . I am looking for something that has a stronger effect than California Poppy that seems to be nice and mellow. Calea zacatechichi for dream work was not bad. So I am looking for 2 things here.. Powerful herbs ( rather tea or herbal gel caps) as I dont smoke, for Mental Focus and also another one for that Friday Night Chill ;) . ANy tips here or links would be great. East Coast NSW here. Cheers :) Thanx for reading and hope to hear from some of you when u can..

what was the source of your heimia? how was it cured?

we use it for pain relief!

t s t .